RIP Lighthound.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
They had all the small parts, grease, Orings, and all the supplies we needed to keep,our lights and things going.

I never have seen the Pelican case pre cut foam battery holders anywhere!

who do we turn to now?
They also had some bargains on knives as well. Dang should've grabbed an H&K (Benchmade) Tanto folder (lockback model) during my final purchase in July

O-rings: tried their GITD type but o-ring itself feels a bit rubbery, it's OK but not very durable; also takes a LONG time to absorb enough light for reserve

Grease: they run out of Nyogel 779ZC fast and I failed to even secure their last 50g tube; got some 760Gs though

Pelican pre-cut 123a foam: got one each for the 1010 and 1020. Fits well only if you have an older case model with straight-edged rubber insert. Newer ripple-edged insert tends to press the foam a bit further resulting in actual hole inserts disfigured (even though the foam is still usable and batteries can still be inserted w/o hassle).

Anyway BatteryJunction should have similar inserts available, although the foam cutting seems to be a bit different. Go figure.

shavis

Newly Enlightened
Light Hound was across the parking lot from the Tractor Supply I get feed and farm stuff. I was in there often for batteries, lights, paracord, and even the odd knife or two. Super people.

I have no idea what happened; sure didn't see it coming. No noticeable inventory reduction or anything.

They had sent off a Sunwayman for repair and I received a call that it was back and would I like it sent to the shop. I said I'll likely be by there in the next few days and just pick it up. The young lady that ran the place told me that -tomorrow is our last day-. Sort of shocked, I asked if she was just going to an on-line presence. She answered no. I also asked if she needed help moving some of the inventory still left. That had already been taken care of, she said. (what that meant, I do not know) A couple days later my fixed flashlight showed up. A drive by the store: just empty shelves.

I am really bummed that the store is closed. It wasn't just flashlights. I got a Maxpedition sling pack, a few Benchmade folders, paracord, batteries, along with numerous flashlights (for myself and as gifts, when you need something unique.)

I sure hope they pop back up somewhere.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Their GITD rope/cord is/was tops. No radiation and works very well and lasts the whole night with night-adapted vision.

mega_lumens

Enlightened
Just learned about Light Hound. :( From the time I joined CPF, Light Hound was the source of 95% of my flashlight needs: batteries, charger, cases, O rings, lanyard trinkets, lubes, clips etc... I'm really at a loss because I don't know of other sites that have a solid stock of AW batteries and all the little things that make our flashlights awesome and reliable. I hope other vendors will see this void in the market and start offering these things.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think we all miss Lighthound. We can only speculate why the closing of the store. Hopefully good reasons.
As I read through the posts it seems most people purchased the small items from them. Few posts about buying whole lights. Possibly that contributed to the closing.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought probably 5 lights from them in one whack. The pieces and parts were what kept me coming back.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is sad to see they are not in business any longer. I knew John from before I became a member cpf. That was the time he was selling Surefire parts on eBay. I bought a lot of stuff from them until my last huge package was confiscated by customs. John was a great guy!

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
They will be greatly missed. I can find Solarforce on Amazon, but there' on heck of a mark up.
chiphead

royjohnson77

Newly Enlightened
Just found out lighthound is closed when I wanted to purchased some AW batteries from them.

So sad to hear the news. They had the best customer service available like bugsoutgear who used to sell JETBeam flashlights.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's hard to believe a decade has passed since first ordering from Lighthound. This may explain why their different batteries were often out-of-stock in the last year or so.

What a shame to lose a good and reliable business.

BOHAWG

Newly Enlightened
Found this today. :(

LIGHTHOUND IS CLOSED

We would like to thank you for allowing us to serve you all these wonderful years.

Please note that all orders placed have shipped.

The world is coming to an end people! I am just seeing this and I have no words to express how sad this is to hear. I actually live 2.5 hours from Pearland and would drive all the way there just to rummage thru everything in the store. I have lights I unintentionally bought there that are still unopened:grin2:.... I used to by all my 18650's from them. This truly like loosing a family member that you actually liked:mecry:

jrandom

Newly Enlightened
Like many, this is such a bummer!

Gees my best line on AW batteries, split rings, mcgizmo mini clips, and other lanyard goodies.

Whatever the reason they closed, they are missed, and I hope all is well.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dam, I just found out about this when I couldn't find Lighthound's website.

I remember way back before John started his business and there was no Paypal I bought an E1e tube and tail from him. He sent me the merchandise before he received payment.

I hope he is doing well.

kelmo