S1 Baton - the dog walker

tabetha

Newly Enlightened
Hi Crazyeddiethefirst,
I totally agree, though there is not much area around here for taking lights for a walk, I do love the S1 but mine is arsey about going into strobe mode it is a bit hit and miss, I was using a xtar VC4 prior to the opus, I assume these cells get weaker as they get older and some of mine have had well over 500 charges.
Now all I need is some of that California sun ha ha, it's -2C here at night, though I have friends in Tucson AZ I might visit this year, he's ex GI I knew from over here in uk.

sbslider

Enlightened
550mah 5C for sure, with the added benefit of the ability to charge the cell in the light.

I realized later this is a S1 Baton thread, not a S1R. You won't be able to chare the %C in a S1 Baton, but if you ever get the S1R you will.

firsttothescene

Enlightened
Are you guys referring to the original s1 or the new s1 mini? why would the 5c battery make a difference? I thought the light was regulated?

tabetha

Newly Enlightened
From my recent experience when I got a olight RCR123A it absolutely transformed the performance over my other 123 which include nitecore, aw etc, my 550mah RCR123 is marked 5C if that is any help.
I thought my S1 BATON, not mini was junk until I tried a olight cell in it my god it was like nitrous ha ha, amazing output from cell that my other "high output" cells wouldn't do, mind you they are just under 2/3 the rated mah, the olight cell fractionally more, my S1 BATON is around 2 years old from memory.
I have lots of 123 size lights inc FENIX P1D etc all are way better on(expensive) olight cells.
I don't know if this is any good to you, but good luck any way, from across the pond!!

sbslider

Enlightened
Are you guys referring to the original s1 or the new s1 mini? why would the 5c battery make a difference? I thought the light was regulated?
regulation just means having a relatively constant output as the battery discharges. If the battery can not provide the current necessary to reach the selected output level, then regulation makes no difference. When the battery is not able to provide the current required for the selected output, then the light's output is going to be directly proportional to the current delivered by the battery. This is likely only noticeable on the highest output modes of the light. The 5C battery can deliever 5x the rated capacity, or about 2.5A, and still provide sufficient voltage to keep the light regulated.