Saint Incand's Day - July 12, 2009

stienke

Enlightened
I was in my basement this morning and looked to the Maglite's I have stored , some used and some new in the box , different colors and D/C cell , all standard factory lights.
At this moment I count 26 Mag's and I still love the form factor , a piece of history!
So let's save the Incan's!

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been enjoying an older E2e with twisty z52 tail cap and 17650 body this week. I have it loaded with a lumens factory HO-E1r and IMR 17650 cell. This combination is my favorite pocketable Incan setup. Over an hour runtime, and more than enough lumens for EDC tasks (and not too bright, like the EO-E1r). It's very similar to the mn02 lamp, but slightly whiter and larger hotspot.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
It won't be too many more years and people will be coming down the pipeline who won't know what an Incandescent flashlight is. That makes them worth having.

Conte

Enlightened
Oh Hey Lux.

Haven't heard much of you lately.

On friday, I scored a nice brand new red Mag 2D for a local shop for a steal. It came in on trade. Guy never took it out the package.

It had one of those new mag towers with the torx screw. Used some armorers tricks to get it out. Basically swaged a piece of soft aluminum into it effectively making a screwdriver.

Then I put the thing together as a Mag11 using 26650 IMR cells and an AW Incan Driver.

I guess that's my Saint Incand's day story.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn it!
I was camping on the 12th and forgot it was St Incand's day, I only used LEDs! If I remembered what day it was I would have made a point of using one of my incandescent lights.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, couldn't remember the date, just knew it's in July. I've been rocking an E2e with an extended Outdoorsman pocket clip, Z57 and an MN02 for a couple of weeks now as my main EDC. Probably more out of convenience than anything. Late Happy Incands Day for Saturday!

This past one was a very good one!

Conte

Enlightened
Hmm, I grabbed one of my good incans yesturday for round the house. I guess I just knew what day it was without even thinking about it.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, couldn't remember the date, just knew it's in July. I've been rocking an E2e with an extended Outdoorsman pocket clip, Z57 and an MN02 for a couple of weeks now as my main EDC. Probably more out of convenience than anything. Late Happy Incands Day for Saturday!

This past one was a very good one!

Same here. I have a E2 tube with an E2e head and an MN02 LA in my jacket pocket. Just to warm in Sac to use the jacket...

StudFreeman

Enlightened
Walked the dog with my new Magcharger. Not bad for a 33 year old design, though the newer model's E-switch has a nice feel. Comparing it with my original Magcharger, I'm pretty sure the new one has soft-start. Dumb charger is still annoying.

Back in the day, I bet Magchargers made people think something was wrong with their 3D Mags.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today my stock incan digital switch final gen Magcharger defeated 15 flashlights before I started drinking beer. Pretty sure it won. :)

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I did celebrate the 6th Annual Saint Incand's Day with a Mag85 and Deep Reflector, all made by FiveMega. Walked the dogs, and all was good with the world.