Samsung 5000k HiCRI good news and bad news

Johnnyh

Enlightened
:grin2: Very nice. I have two F89HGs.

One is none...two is one...right? I sold off a third High Noon Clicky a while back...kinda wish I didn't...oh well...

And the F89 is definitely worth having more than one....whatever happened to F89 anyways...? Don't see him here any more...

Last edited:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
It takes a special kind of crazy to have a backup HDS waiting in the wings... Dunno, but you're right, he's AWOL. Hope he makes it back.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my SDR50 High CRI 5000K yesterday. It is really nice! Compared to my 170N, it's quite a bit more floody and obviously cooler in tint. Throw wise they are pretty similar since the SDR50 and almost twice the output.

I love 5,000K tint with high CRI! Not warm nor cool, just white with excellent colors. It's funny how our eyes can be tricked by comparisons though. For example, both the SDR50 and 170N by themselves look fantastic. But next to each other, the SDR50 looks a bit green and the 170N looks a bit pink. :thinking: In actual use, my SDR50 just looks white. Only under extreme white wall hunting can I maybe detect a hint of green. I'm quite impressed with this emitter!

My only disappointment would be that the light arrived with a small spot of missing anodizing in a spot on the head (it looks like one of the knurling blocks is a little chipped). Since it was a custom build, I'm guessing I'll probably just have to live with it. Plus, if I were to ask to exchange it, this one has a perfectly centered LED and very nice color/tint (practically no green). :sigh:

I've been wanting 5,000K high CRI with 300 lumens in an HDS for a very long time. This emitter does not disappoint! :thumbsup:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the 4.5 mile hike this morning I took the SDR50 and a 325 Cree XP-L (wider beam pattern, 72 CRI) I stole yesterday when Henry wasn't looking.

SDR50
img-0809.jpg

XP-L
img-0810.jpg

XP-L
img-0811.jpg

DSR50
img-0812.jpg

SDR50
img-0813.jpg

XP-L
img-0814.jpg

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my SDR50 High CRI 5000K yesterday. It is really nice! Compared to my 170N, it's quite a bit more floody and obviously cooler in tint. Throw wise they are pretty similar since the SDR50 and almost twice the output.

I love 5,000K tint with high CRI! Not warm nor cool, just white with excellent colors. It's funny how our eyes can be tricked by comparisons though. For example, both the SDR50 and 170N by themselves look fantastic. But next to each other, the SDR50 looks a bit green and the 170N looks a bit pink. :thinking: In actual use, my SDR50 just looks white. Only under extreme white wall hunting can I maybe detect a hint of green. I'm quite impressed with this emitter!

My only disappointment would be that the light arrived with a small spot of missing anodizing in a spot on the head (it looks like one of the knurling blocks is a little chipped). Since it was a custom build, I'm guessing I'll probably just have to live with it. Plus, if I were to ask to exchange it, this one has a perfectly centered LED and very nice color/tint (practically no green). :sigh:

I've been wanting 5,000K high CRI with 300 lumens in an HDS for a very long time. This emitter does not disappoint! :thumbsup:
I've been using mine as my EDC for one month now. I'm very happy with this light. In actual use, I do not see any green at all. It just looks pure white with excellent colors. Plus, the 300 lumens is awesome. :thumbsup:
This emitter combined with the 18650 body is pretty close to perfection for me. :eek:oo:

Beard Man

Enlightened
I have a Haiku XP-G2 3S - 4500K CCT, now I think maybe I should try my first Rotary with SDR50...:thinking: