• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]SBT90[/FONT] specs close for the [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Amutorch SD2vn and [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Amutorch VG10vn? Trying to decide which one to go with. :)[/FONT][/FONT]

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Are the SBT90 specs close for the Amutorch SD2vn and Amutorch VG10vn? Trying to decide which one to go with. :)

I am not sure yet but VG10 will thorw more for sure. But if I can only have one I will take SD2vn. The size is so appealing and it has good looks too.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Thrunite T10vn II

SBT90 5700L De-Lens

DriverVNX2

2300L @2s!!!

IMR14500 Only

Smallest SBT90 Light

Wonderful beam!

icSLKKq.jpg

4ZIGDAB.jpg

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure yet but VG10 will thorw more for sure. But if I can only have one I will take SD2vn. The size is so appealing and it has good looks too.
Thanks Vinh! I was torn between the too but went with the VG10vn. :)

That Thrunite [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]T10vn II looks great too!![/FONT]

SKV89

Enlightened
Why can't the Olight Warrior X Pro be modded with the SBT90 LED?

The super efficient Olight driver is a main reason that makes Olights so special. Unfortunately it's a 12V driver for xhp35. The sbt90.2 is 3V

SKV89

Enlightened
Damn that Thrunite is insane. You should get some of the latest 10A Vapcell 14500 and 12A Shockli 14500. Will ptobably push it up another 25%

Last edited:

jrgold

Enlightened
De-Dome = Peeling off the silicone like soft dome = greenish neutral tint with max led die exposure and reduced beam angle, ~ 5-10% lumen drop but about 50-70% increased intensity
Shave Dome = Slicing off the silicone like soft dome = Retain factory tint = Retain factory tint, 10% loss in lumen but about 30-50% increased in intensity
De-Lens = Removing a glass box cover over the LED die = more pure white tint + ~5% increased in lumen

Thanks for the detailed explanation Vinh! Very informative, gives me some more menu items for the next light I order from you [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
SD2vn is appealing size for a 21700 light, looks very pocket friendly

Does the build have room for extra thick copper heat sinking?

..and, reverse switch function, correct?

Thanks!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
SD2vn is appealing size for a 21700 light, looks very pocket friendly

Does the build have room for extra thick copper heat sinking?

..and, reverse switch function, correct?

Thanks!

Huge 1.5oz of extra copper HS for the Quad option.
Can be reverse or forward.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I found a way to greatly reduce the ring effect with some LEDs in a smooth reflector such as BLF GTvn woth CFT90.

Use a black permanet marker and color around the reflector hole wall. Be careful not to smear on the reflector. Cheers!!!

Patriot

Flashaholic
I found a way to greatly reduce the ring effect with some LEDs in a smooth reflector such as BLF GTvn woth CFT90.

Use a black permanet marker and color around the reflector hole wall. Be careful not to smear on the reflector. Cheers!!!

Great discovery, Vinh. It's surprising to think that the flat side of that thin wall could contribute to rings, but there you go!

Here is the Vapcell 14500 H10.

Here is the Shockli 14500 12A cell, which I haven't bought. It should be better performing than the Vapcell H10 but we do not have a direct comparison.

Nice work on those discharge tests, SKV89! over 200 lumens more than the Vapcell 1000mAh gold. Some much appreciated process from a 14500.

Last edited:

SKV89

Enlightened
I suspect it will be much more than 200 lumens difference if we had a more powerful emitter like the SBT90.2.

Let me ask Shockli-Simon where the 14500 12A can be purchased.