• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
xZS3XFm.jpg

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exciting specs from this neo-classic host! Anyone who has not witnessed the beam performance and beam profile of the X65vn is missing out on maximum flashlight excitement!

I have two non-mini X65vn, but no Mini. What is the weight comparison of the Mini versus non-mini X65 heads?

Would this configuration be worthy of consideration on the original, non-mini head?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Exciting specs from this neo-classic host! Anyone who has not witnessed the beam performance and beam profile of the X65vn is missing out on maximum flashlight excitement!

I have two non-mini X65vn, but no Mini. What is the weight comparison of the Mini versus non-mini X65 heads? I think the head weight the same. Its only the bodies are different.

Would this configuration be worthy of consideration on the original, non-mini head? Max drive gets too hot in like 10 seconds. Tamed drive is good for 30-45secs.
Very light weight head so consider Turbo very short momentary bursts only.

Beam is amazing. SBT90 LEDs are De-Lens. Very hard to center 5 individual LED on their own MCPCB with De-Lens LED. One wrong move and you will ruin very expensive LEDS. Definitely a tough build. Also have to use copper sheet as wiring to give room for reflector to come in and focus.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
The center of that beam looks insane compared to the spill light. My goodness, that's some serious performance!

Patriot

Flashaholic
Wow! 45Kcd! The beam is absolutely perfect too. It looks like a really smooth transition from spot to spill. I just wish I could afford it right now.

It's also kind of interesting how similar it is in lumen output and throw to the quad W2. Sure the SBT-90 still has a slight output advantage, but they're close.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Quad W2 also not so hard on the 18650 cell..

Can we see a beam comparison photo?

I dont have a Quad W2 in right now.
I really need to save one of each light for my collection for beam shots and photos and I was building up but Stupid Covid19 hits so I had to sell most of my toys...

Enlightened
You are crushing it with this led. Look forward to checking it out.

Latest posts