security lights

ZippyDan

Newly Enlightened
(wasn't sure what section to put this in)

looking to put up some floodlights for a warehouse

i found these that seem like a pretty cool idea

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/p-...security-floodlight-80-leds-black.aspx#tabtop

LEDs so you never have to worry about changing bulbs, and solar powered so you don't have to worry about running power to them (i guess you would have to worry about changing whatever battery they use to store that power)

however, an 80 LED array seems like something from 6 years ago. do you guys know of any floodlights utiliizing something like an array of crees to really throw some light out?

LightCannon

Enlightened
The problem with using an array of Cree power LEDs would probably be the sheer amount of juice that is required to run them...but I'm no electrician, nor do I claim to have even the most cursory knowledge of how much power a solar panel can provide.

That said, it looks pretty good.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast

Marduke

Flashaholic
The problem with using an array of Cree power LEDs would probably be the sheer amount of juice that is required to run them...but I'm no electrician, nor do I claim to have even the most cursory knowledge of how much power a solar panel can provide.

That said, it looks pretty good.

It would be kinda silly to have a solar panel actively power a security light. If there was plenty of sunlight, you don't need the light.

The solar panels just charge batteries, which provide bursts of power when required. Pretty much how all other solar powered lights work...

LightCannon

Enlightened
It would be kinda silly to have a solar panel actively power a security light. If there was plenty of sunlight, you don't need the light.

The solar panels just charge batteries, which provide bursts of power when required. Pretty much how all other solar powered lights work...
Good point. Didn't really think that through thoroughly, hahaha.

Thanks for the info, Marduke.