SF A2 Price?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SIL is an Apache pilot and wants an A2. I'd like to buy him one for a Christmas gift. He wants one with the red LED's but I'm going to talk to him about G/Y.
Who has the best shipped price on one?

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prices are fixed by SF. Many dealers like Battery Junction will ship you a buncha batteries to go with it though, to give you a break. Or you can watch the sales board.

GreySave

Enlightened
Dana:

Go to the "Dealer's Corner" on the main page and then to the link near the top that covers the Dealers who give discounts. Look up Optics HQ and click on the "details" link. You can e-mail Mike at Optics HQ from there and he can give you a quote for the A2. His service is great and unless he has changed I think you will like the price on a brand new A2.

I'd give you a link but I'm terrible at that on this forum. Perhaps someone else can help.

Give our best to your SIL. We thank him for his service.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Dana:

Go to the "Dealer's Corner" on the main page and then to the link near the top that covers the Dealers who give discounts. Look up Optics HQ and click on the "details" link. You can e-mail Mike at Optics HQ from there and he can give you a quote for the A2. His service is great and unless he has changed I think you will like the price on a brand new A2.

I'd give you a link but I'm terrible at that on this forum. Perhaps someone else can help.

Give our best to your SIL. We thank him for his service.

He is no longer able to discount Surefire products.

Here is a link to one in the market place but it does have blue LEDs
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=170939

DanielG

Enlightened
I see some dealers on eBay are discounting them. Has anyone tried those? Some have very positive feedback percentage, and at least on claim to be an authorized Surefire dealer.

That's how I'm getting mine that's already on the way.

As for the yellow/green Vs red, he might already have a pre-flight light or be in a white light preflight area.

(tell him to keep safe, even gun bunnies need reminded)

djblank87

Enlightened

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Talk personally with Mike at www.opticshq.com he'll give you a really good deal and he's an excellent person.

In a piston twin the red A2 will work great and blend in with the cockpit lights, but I find my yellow green to be so soft and great it would be hard to decide for me.

benyosh

Newly Enlightened
BTW, Mike at OpticsHQ is still able to offer discounts on Surefire products. He's just not able to advertise the discounted price directly...you need to e-mail him for the discount.

GreySave

Enlightened
The last two posts are correct. If you follow the steps listed in Mike's post (See my first post in this thread) Mike can still help you. Trust me, it is well worth the time!

I did just exchange mail with Mike and he did verify that he can help you.

Wick

Newly Enlightened
And how long does everyone think Mike (OpticsHQ) is going to be able to continue this practice when people keep posting it on an open forum? Surefire has gotten rid of dealers in the past who sell below MSRP. What Mike does is great for all of us, but lets not ruin it for everyone. I've seen this posted a bunch of times in the past few days. Use your PM or e-mail to let others know about this or I guarantee it won't be around long.

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
And how long does everyone think Mike (OpticsHQ) is going to be able to continue this practice when people keep posting it on an open forum? Surefire has gotten rid of dealers in the past who sell below MSRP. What Mike does is great for all of us, but lets not ruin it for everyone. I've seen this posted a bunch of times in the past few days. Use your PM or e-mail to let others know about this or I guarantee it won't be around long.

<begin bit of rant>
Wick makes an excellent point... I personally work for a Surefire Dealer, who does a LOT of military sales, however is having a hard time with online sales to non-military... We sell a LOT of surefire lights (I can recall shipping out something like 30 10X dominator's, plus 2 sets of spare bulbs, as the most recent order)

As a flashlight fanatic, and even bigger fan of Surefire, I like what certain dealers are doing by helping out CPF members... the dealer in question I have bought from previously, before my current job which feeds my Surefire needs now :)

I can honestly say, from the dealers perspective, I'd like to see places that discount bellow MSRP (direct violation of terms with SF BTW) stopped... but as a flashlight fanatic I LOVE that one dealer is willing to give us a break, and charge retail to anyone not on the in crowd (so to speak) I personally re-direct anyone I Know who needs a surefire to the dealer in question, as I can't do anything to help them out (even my close friends) And hope he can continue to help us flashlight crazies out...

Just keep that in mind, as there is always the possibility of Surefire dealers browsing the board, who will use posts as this to fuel complaints to Surefire and get them shut down....

</end rant>

Highly reccomend the dealer in question FYI ;)

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the replies. I will make contact with the folks listed. The military posts sell the A2 for $154. I think the G2 is $32.
I can't believe I forgot about checking eBay.:thinking:

DanielG, I think he uses a 3 LED headlamp for pre-flight. I gave him BB 500 sandwich in a MiniMag when he was in Kuwait. He was in the first attack on Bagdad. He is now part of the National Guard as an instructor pilot. Did you see the 3 Apaches landing at half time at a NC football game a few weeks back? He was one of them.

ACMarina, I may just get him the Red but he may not know about the Y/G. I'll try to give him the option.

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast

SF will probably just have to come to terms to market prices on SF lights.

There is a whole bunch of dealers out there that even though they don't advertise lower MSRP prices in the end sell the lights at prices way below that. And just take a glance on Ebay, there's a whole lot of dealers evidently using excellent feedback sellers or just selling the lights themselves at lower prices. I could name a few here but I wont. Do a search on ebay for a new A2 aviato;)