SF Porsche light how rare are they

Blackbird13

Enlightened
I'd like to know how many are out there and too see some more pics of these lights. I personally think they look very elegant , also I was curious to know if it was something PK designed, and why did SF make them

bound

Enlightened
Surprising paradise!
Surefire can always surprise us!
Unfortunately, I did not have a Porsche version of the Surefire light.:devil:
I look forward to your Porsche pictures.:wave:

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a Porsche SureFire for a while. It was quite a nice little piece of engineering. However, Porsche got all cheap and went with something different rather quickly. I wouldn't be able to guess on production numbers, but it was quite low in SureFire terms. I'd almost venture to say that there were more E2W-BY WineLights out there...

Blackbird13

Enlightened
I had a Porsche SureFire for a while. It was quite a nice little piece of engineering. However, Porsche got all cheap and went with something different rather quickly. I wouldn't be able to guess on production numbers, but it was quite low in SureFire terms. I'd almost venture to say that there were more E2W-BY WineLights out there...

You might be right on that one I have seen more WineLights than Porsche lights, did they come with any packaging or paperwork ?pics if any one has them would be awesome

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never seen any packaging, other than a plain white cardboard sleeve/box that is the clay material that they make cereal boxes out of. The paperwork may be in a Porsche owner's manual, if any. I want to say they came with certain higher-end Boxster models, but I can't be sure. The original light was an E2e of sorts:

This is the one I had:
Porsche_E2-a.jpg

This is the light that replaced it:
Porsche_LED-a.jpg

It plugged into the cigar lighter socket (12V) and the LED glowed a dim red while charging. Once charged, it would glow green (I think). The primary light engine was a small LED like you find in an Arc AAA (probably a Nichia). They had a purple tinge to them.

Last edited:

Blackbird13

Enlightened
I've never seen any packaging, other than a plain white cardboard sleeve/box that is the clay material that they make cereal boxes out of. The paperwork may be in a Porsche owner's manual, if any. I want to say they came with certain higher-end Boxster models, but I can't be sure. The original light was an E2e of sorts:

This is the one I had:
Porsche_E2-a.jpg

This is the light that replaced it:
Porsche_LED-a.jpg

It plugged into the cigar lighter socket (12V) and the LED glowed a dim red while charging. Once charged, it would glow green (I think). The primary light engine was a small LED like you find in an Arc AAA (probably a Nichia). They had a purple tinge to them.

that's awesome I've never heard of a light plugging straight into the cig lighter hole. Those are two very special looking lights

luisma

Enlightened
Hi James , what was Luis's post about

Guys I started posting on my WTB thread some of my the lights in my collection and one of the post was my Surefire Porsche light. I can't say how many where made but they seem to be truly rare I have only seen a couple of them here in the forums. I had been looking for one ever since I saw them for the first time here on a very old thread and I finally was able to buy one sometime ago.
I will edit the post with pictures once I make it to my computer.

Here is my Porsche light, sorry it took me so long to post them.

I thought this was a small light, but it's not small at all, I will try to shoot a new picture to compare it to another more more common Surefire light.

Last edited: