Shopping in New York City?

Lucky Jim

Newly Enlightened
Hello Jay. I was over in NYC with my family on holiday two years ago and I picked up some Surefire items in B&H so I would recommend it. The trick was fitting it in with some general tourist stuff in the area so that I could call in without interrupting out our holiday. I also picked up a nice E2D in a gun shop in Chinatown which we stumbled across while checking out the area. I would recommend doing your research on the B&H website in advance and then you can pop in and get what you are after. But most importantly - have a great holiday and enjoy NYC! Check out Essa Bagel 831 3rd Avenue - you'll never forget it.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Hello Jay. I was over in NYC with my family on holiday two years ago and I picked up some Surefire items in B&H so I would recommend it. The trick was fitting it in with some general tourist stuff in the area so that I could call in without interrupting out our holiday. I also picked up a nice E2D in a gun shop in Chinatown which we stumbled across while checking out the area. I would recommend doing your research on the B&H website in advance and then you can pop in and get what you are after. But most importantly - have a great holiday and enjoy NYC! Check out Essa Bagel 831 3rd Avenue - you'll never forget it.

One thing with B&H, their website has more items listed than what you'll find inside. So be sure to check on the site if the item you want is available at their physical store. Also, I know which gun shop you're talking about in China town. If it's the same one, you clearly had better luck than I did. (Or you were there during the owner's day off.) I think the fact that you purchased an E2D instead of asking for a "Collector's model" SureFire is why you got treated so well. Apparently if you're buying a model popular with the NYPD, you get treated well. If you're looking for parts for your SF M4 or SF M6, you get read the riot act for being a collector.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paragon, REI, Adoroma, B&H, are probably your best choices. All the buff shops are in the outer boroughs and not worth the trip.

Latest posts