SHOT Show 2013-- Any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I really enjoyed the mountain shootout we had a few years ago. I know something like that can be a real PITA with transporting this many people, but it was a lot of fun. I have no idea how much it would cost to rent something, but maybe if everyone threw in $20 it would work?

Are you talking after SHOT is over, like Saturday. We're booked till Sunday.

Bill

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Are you talking after SHOT is over, like Saturday. We're booked till Sunday.

Bill

I have no preference as to when. I don't see why it couldn't be done on a SHOT night. Does anyone actually go to bed before 4am anyway? :shrug:

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
i will be at shot show all days and ces a well, both cpf gatherings, see ya all :D

+B
swissbianco.com

TheFlash

Newly Enlightened
And, I will be with Roger (SwissBianco) at the Shot Show all days. Looking forward to seeing you all again at the CPF gathering(s)! :)

-Mike

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shootouts don't really have a cost; many of the lights are owned, and/or borrowed from the vendors. The trick is getting the people to a nice dark location. I been in LV the last 10 days, and it is cold... 30's with wind chill so not very good conditions for a shootout.

I like doing the big guys, (hid's) but nothing really new and different. Most of the action seems to be LED, many new models and configs. If there is a shootout, perhaps a shorter range... maybe 125-150 yards to better showcase the LEDs (now a days, seems 500-1500 lumens is the norm). The parking lot of one of the high schools close to the strip could work, and getting there would be a lot easier than 25 minutes outside the city.

Eagle245T

Newly Enlightened
Booked in the Quad for the week not the best, but location, location, location
See you all soon, I'm ready for anything to do with light

Terry

Gene43

Enlightened
My new employee Todd, and myself will be there. We are coming in Tuesday and going home Saturday. No booth, just going to hang out and enjoy the good company!

Gene

Billboe

Newly Enlightened
Headed to my first Shot Show from Tuesday evening through Saturday morning as part of the SwissBianco pack. I'm looking forward to meeting folks.

Bill

MrMom

Enlightened
The Shot Show 2013 logistics thread will be up in a day or two. Please keep all pre show show communications here in this thread.

Reserve Wednesday, Jan, 16 for the Shore Power Flashaholics Party hosted by MattK. This is where wild and crazy is re-defined.

David from 4-Sevens will join us at the Bellgio buffet with a highlight of his new lights and some special prizes to boot.

I do miss the shoot-outs of past. MrTedBear has been and always will be the king of the big guns. If there is anyone wiling to organize a shoot-out, transportation friendly, let me know.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
Shore Power Flashaholics Party
Wednesday, January 16th 2013

Platinum Hotel (Hotel link)
211 East Flamingo Rd. (Map link)

Shore Power Inc. is providing the suite as well as food & drink.

There will be door prizes from the various manufacturers and dealers in the flashlight industry. All CPF members, manufacturers and vendors are welcome to attend who sign up in advance.

The room number will be posted in the hotel lobby and at SS10 booth #10879.

Save the date!

Where do we sign up for this?

Meganoggin

Enlightened
The Shot Show 2013 logistics thread will be up in a day or two. Please keep all pre show show communications here in this thread.

Reserve Wednesday, Jan, 16 for the Shore Power Flashaholics Party hosted by MattK. This is where wild and crazy is re-defined.

David from 4-Sevens will join us at the Bellgio buffet with a highlight of his new lights and some special prizes to boot.

I do miss the shoot-outs of past. MrTedBear has been and always will be the king of the big guns. If there is anyone wiling to organize a shoot-out, transportation friendly, let me know.

What night are we doing the Bellagio Buffet? My preference would be Tuesday night or Friday, as Thursday is now booked out for me and a number of the others I suspect.

Greta

Flashaholic
What night are we doing the Bellagio Buffet? My preference would be Tuesday night or Friday, as Thursday is now booked out for me and a number of the others I suspect.

I have to say... I think I would prefer Friday also. Thursday would work for me but Friday would be better - KC may not be there on Thursday.

MrMom

Enlightened
I have to say... I think I would prefer Friday also. Thursday would work for me but Friday would be better - KC may not be there on Thursday.

As the logistics thread is still in draft form and not live yet, consider the change done. Besides, we defenitely want KC to join us. This also puts the posibility of a shootout to a better day, Thursday. A shootout could not be planned for the last day of the show as there would be no way to return the lights to the respective dealers. The logic is the same for the first day of the show. I do have a ton on my plate and do hope that an experienced, Mr, shootout, Ted, organizer, Bear, would have the time resources to set this up. Time is a commodity these days for everyone. Most folks are staying at IP er.. the new "Quad" or next door at Harras. I am sure that we can find a location behind it near the construction zone within walking distance.

mossyoak, et all, all sign up's will be in this thread when the logistics thread goes live. I thought that that I would have it done by now but there are many last minute factors, people and changes that come into play. This is why the logistics thread is set up as a read only thread until show check in's. It serves as a clean information base updated by edits only in the first several posts. One does not have to scroll through numerious pages for the most accurate and up to date information.

I hope to see all at the show and events. BRING YOUR TOYS TO SHOW!!!!

Last edited:

MrMom

Enlightened
The only drawback of moving the Bellagio dinner to Friday is the price increase and the allowance of break down time for those with booths. Thursday is $31.99 + 18% gratuity + tax. Scheduling Friday bumps it up to 37.99 + 18% gratuity + tax. Our time together is worth the price change is far as I am concerned, let's look at the times. Traditionally, we qued up for dinner at 6:30pm. Would this be enough time for vendors and check out? I do know from past, show check out can be quite lengthy.

David of 4Sevens has graciously volunteered to join us in our camaraderie at our annual CPF Bellagio
dinner and plans to donate some prizes throughout the evening. Let me verify if this change will work for him.

Eagle245T

Newly Enlightened
Thursday would be best for me and my guest because I fly out Friday to get back to the office. If you do it Friday I will be fine, I'm sure I will spend all the other events with you all. Do what's best for the group and I will party hard on the ones I can make it to.
Terry

MrMom

Enlightened
The logistics thread is up. I had to schedule The Bellagio for Thursday as some folks are leaving immediatelyafter the show and most importantly, everyone with a booth or helping with a booth will be locked into the un-predictably lengthy break down and check outprocess.
We still have Tuesday available for a shootout if someone isable to set one up. The backup plan forTuesday is Hash House A Go Go at the Quad (yum yum). We cannot wait too long for this decision though because we have to start on RSVP's which affects party food and drink quantities and restaurant reservations.

Last edited:

MrMom

Enlightened
I will be on a diet all week because we will be at the Hash House A Go Go on Tuesday. Mmmmmm

We need your RSVP's ASAP for each evening event. Please post here in this thread.

281iI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.