SHOW OFF YOUR CONVOY S2/S2+ MODS!!!

HaileStorm

Enlightened
The beam pattern is almost pure flood and both lights already had the orange peel reflectors.
Nice! So they're only available throigh aliexpress?

Does anyone have the XP-L U4-7A version? Im afraid what I ordered might have a light that's too yellowish...

HaileStorm

Enlightened
I just received my s2+ today. Sadly, it's the 5/3 mode version.

I was wondering if the switch is really easy to tap to change modes or is mine defective?
100d834817dfeef95b593b5ab3f2fc40.jpg

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Bumping an old one. Anyone here still use this light?

You bet! :D I have a grey S2+ (219c 4000k, 4x7135, Biscotti, SMO reflector) that I use all the time. The beam is the definition of multipurpose (very wide spill, tight but not throwy hotspot) and it's my only Convoy with an arguably moonlight level at 0.1% output.

It only doesn't get quite as much love or use as an old S2 because the latter has sentimental value.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I have several here and I think one of them is this exact same configuration. I really like my SST-20 ones. My SST-40 are nice, but greenish on the dimmer outputs.

My most recent is one modded with an Osram. It's a true thrower.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Cemoi

Enlightened
Hi all,
Although a long-time flashaholic (with a special interest in tiny AAA or 10180 lights), I am now willing to bite the 18650 bullet.
The Convoy S2+ might be my first choice, seeing how much it is praised on CPF and BLF, and how customizable it seems to be.
As far as I can tell from the Chinese sellers websites, there seem to be two different UI available:
  • 4 mode (0.1% -3% -30% -100%), no Strobe, memory. These brightness levels are perfect for me, but I don't like mode memory based on the last mode used, I'd rather have it come on Low, or on a chosen (and fixed) mode. No way to turn off memory in this UI as far as I understand, correct? And no way to have Strobe?
  • Biscotti : memory can be turned off, but none of the 12 modes suit my needs: either there are two many levels (the above four-mode above is not available), or I miss the Strobe.
I am correct?
Any way to have quick access to #1 Moonlight or Low, #2 a memorized Medium, #3 Turbo, #4 Strobe?
Thanks in advance.

Cemoi

Enlightened
Any way to have quick access to #1 Moonlight or Low, #2 a memorized Medium, #3 Turbo, #4 Strobe?
I've just realized that the Anduril UI allows this (Manual memory).
So now the question is, where to buy an Anduril version of the Convoy S2+?
The ones I see at BG or Aliex are all either 4 modes or Biscotti.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am speculating an S2+... can't beat the price for that driver. What is holding me up is not quite understanding the beam pattern. I haven't seen any shots but from Convoy.

May I please request from you kind gentlemen here a few beam shots from any with an S2+ with a single emitter with reflector? Or even links to the same will do. Gracias por adelantado.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Search for Biscotti firmware. That pic will show you the 12-modes that are available. My biggest complaint about this firmware is there is no direct way to any level you want. You have to click thru to get to a level.

You can set it up to always start on high, but then have to click thru to get dimmer. The opposite us true as well, meaning you can start on low and click thru to high.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
May I please request from you kind gentlemen here a few beam shots from any with an S2+ with a single emitter with reflector? Or even links to the same will do. Gracias por adelantado.

Second from left, Convoy S2+ with a single XP-L HI at 5200K. Reflector is a PFlexPro hybrid smooth/OP. A very clean beam, but she's not High CRI, and shows her greenness alongside her Nichia cousins.

8XDgC1v.jpg

Last edited: