Show off your copper

fyrstormer

Banned
I used and carried it every day for about a month after I got it. I still carry it every now and then, but now I like to keep it I my pelican case where I know its safe. :D.
Bah. I've carried mine almost every day since January 2011; that way it's in my pocket, where I know it's safe. :D

Where did you get that bezel for your TC-R2???
It's the "Mini Blunt Bezel" for the RRT-0. It needs some sanding around the cut edges to make it pocket-friendly, but it's a good add-on so I can tell when I've set the light down without shutting it off.

What did you use to polish your TCR2? My car keys haven't been kind to the finish on mine and I wouldn't mind spiffying it up a bit.
I use the red polish that comes with the Dremel polishing kit. I use a lighter to melt a bit of the polish, then I smear it on a heavy-duty paper towel, then I twist the paper towel around the light. It works like a charm and it preserves the circumferential machining lines on lights that weren't mirror-polished from the factory. (if I wanted to get rid of the machining lines, first I would sand along the length of the light, then sand in an orbital pattern, then polish circumferentially.)

fyrstormer

Banned
...and here's the Tri-EDC after antiquing:

CIMG5280.jpg

CIMG5281.jpg

The scuff marks will blend in with the antiquing after a few weeks, much like the pen and the E2C adaptor have already done.

Rees

Enlightened
Im sure theres some more copper out there some where, just there arent alot of new copper products. I look around for new and interesting copper stuff, just haven't seen anything lately.

Rees

Enlightened
No one find anything new for me to buy? :thumbsup: Love the copper stuff. Just ordered 2 maratac Cu v2!

willydigger

Newly Enlightened
I GOT ONE! I made a special mini Villain skull bead for it. Perfect match, awesome combo. The copper is beautiful.
MiniCopperAlt3.jpg

MiniCopperAlt2.jpg

willydigger

Newly Enlightened
Here are a couple recent pics to revive a cool thread.

Copper Villain next to a mini Brass Villain.
IMAG2218.jpg

Here are a couple shots of my new Spartan design. This is a mini in 101 copper.
IMAG2291.jpg

A couple close ups.
IMAG2294.jpg

IMAG2295.jpg

Another size comparison. A Wenge Villain, mini Copper Spartan, and a Cocobolo Spartan.
IMAG2298.jpg

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't remember where I got it. I was in an ingot buying mood and bought a lot from Jetco; brass, copper, bronze and aluminum. This bar came wrapped in acid free paper and even came with cotton gloves for handling. It's still bright.

willydigger

Newly Enlightened
Can't remember where I got it. I was in an ingot buying mood and bought a lot from Jetco; brass, copper, bronze and aluminum. This bar came wrapped in acid free paper and even came with cotton gloves for handling. It's still bright.
I dig it. Thanks for posting. :D

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is WAY cool!!! Dare I ask how much an ingot of copper would cost? :whistle:

Edit: Never mind, I checked...not as much as I expected! I may have to get a couple of ingots! :naughty:

Last edited:

bRIBEGuy

Newly Enlightened
Some really nice copper stuff in this thread for sure. Does anyone use their copper stuff enough to allow it to become really weathered to the point of green? Would be cool to see.....though maybe too tragic?

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a couple of vintage copper Rayovacs, and thanks to this forum:
On the way to my house:
3 Cu Maratacs
LuminTop cu

also have another vintage Rayovac on the way...