Show off your copper

magellan

Honorary Aussie
What property does copper contain that draws us to it? The property that aluminum seems to lack. For me, it's an earth-e-ness. But why so much more in copper than aluminum? Perhaps it's the warmth of the color.

Thoughts?

~ Chance :thinking:

Aww, it's just puuurdy. Nothing else quite like it. I find the deep, rich copper color is actually more striking than gold.

Despite their weight, I like copper better than titanium. Ti lights are great, sure, but the threads are gritty due to the hard titanium microcrystals. I find even a good lubricant doesn't help that much. On the other hand, copper and brass threads are butter smooth. And copper and brass, although more expensive than aluminum, are cheaper than titanium.

That being said, I have dozens of Ti lights. But I've been concentrating on copper and brass now for a while and I think it's going to stay that way.

Last edited:

phosphor22

Enlightened
the appeal of copper also may have to do with its very long history regarding human usage over many millennia
-- and the very warm richness of the color of the metal -- the way it ages/patinas reflecting the flux of life...
-- and quoting magellan, "... it's just puuurdy"

Attachments

• IMG_0617 copy.jpg
    IMG_0617 copy.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, as a newbie, McBrat introduced me to copper lights with a TnC that we traded back and forth. I have a copper Preon 1 en route and then " No More Lights" until I get moved and update my address. Gonna be a rough couple weeks....

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a picture of some Dragon Host Hybrids. Copper and Brass mixed.
file.php

I can't remember the last time I was on CPF so much in one day. :) Maybe back in 2003-2005 I was a little more active.

easilyled

Flashaholic
file.php

I can't remember the last time I was on CPF so much in one day. :) Maybe back in 2003-2005 I was a little more active.

Those are really gorgeous Chris. In my humble opinion, perhaps your best looking lights to date. I'm very hard pressed to say which one of them is my favourite. Perhaps the Copper-brass-copper hybrid.

Last edited:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
file.php

Very nice indeed! The dragon bits on the head and tail really add to the effect. Now I'm wishing that my hybrid dragon looked like that. ;)