Show off your copper

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, Magellan.
Here's another picture of the Trio.
All on high mule.

noblig

Newly Enlightened
My small copper collection to date (plus my only titanium)
dakf4u4.jpg

Oh my... MAD777, very beautiful collection! Wish I can get these beauties soon. And good luck for your copper journey.

easilyled

Flashaholic
@MAD777, I really like the aesthetics of the Astrolux AAA Copper light but have read mixed feedback regarding its actual function. (ie dead on arrival, blinks, doesn't reach all levels consistently)

So I wondered whether you have had any problems of this nature with it?

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
@MAD777, I really like the aesthetics of the Astrolux AAA Copper light but have read mixed feedback regarding its actual function. (ie dead on arrival, blinks, doesn't reach all levels consistently)

So I wondered whether you have had any problems of this nature with it?
It's highest output is a weak ember, not even moonlight. Think firefly.

But at less than $20 USD, it's probably not a worth a return trip around the world, still with an unknown outcome.

Maybe someday, I'll learn something about working on flashlight internals, and it can serve as my first project. LOL

easilyled

Flashaholic
It's highest output is a weak ember, not even moonlight. Think firefly.

But at less than $20 USD, it's probably not a worth a return trip around the world, still with an unknown outcome.

Maybe someday, I'll learn something about working on flashlight internals, and it can serve as my first project. LOL

Oh dear, thanks for the feedback. That is another nail in the coffin for that light then.

What a pity when it looks so gorgeous. :(

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thud, that is cool. That Maus is TINY! That little SAK is killer. Bet it will look so fine with some patina, If you like patina. Which kinda brings me to wonder why folks like copper, but not patina? lol

Thud1023

Enlightened
Thanks Str8! Yes, definitely look forward to the patina : ) The Maus is very small, but has that nice copper weightiness to it. Amazing quality once again by Enrique.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Here's a group photo of my bronze and bronze alloy or bronze containing lights. Not too many bronze lights out there compared to copper or brass, but since bronze is mostly copper, usually with about 12% tin, I thought I'd post them here. The only pure bronze here is the Steigerwald.

The lights are (from left to right), a one of a kind Mac's alumibronze, a mokume gane CR2 light from Photon Fanatic (since it usually incorporates copper, brass, or bronze), a Muyshondt Ion alumibronze CR2, and an Art Steigerwald "The Sphere" AA bronze light, which has a Captain Nemo look to it. The knife is a CRKT Van Hoy 5011 Snap Lock.

Last edited: