Show off your KA-BAR Dozier folding hunter.

chaoss

Enlightened
As usual, I'm late to the party again.
In my constant pursuit for the "ONE" over the years i have somehow managed to completely overlook this absolutely incredible folder.
Opened up the box, checked function, added a lanyard and into the pocket it went.
Has not left my side since.
This one is a do everything EDC, and at this price point it will get used hard. I'm not afraid of abusing or losing it.
For $30 shipped, are you kidding me?
Anyway, here it is…

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned several of them. Given several away. Great knives you can't go wrong! Thought I had one in my lunch bucket but I do not. Will update with picture later

colin.p

Newly Enlightened
I have/had one (my daughter absconded with it in '17) and keep having to remind myself I need a replacement. I used to think of it as a "budget" Delica.

Last edited:

chaoss

Enlightened
I have/had one (my daughter absconded with it in '17) and keep having to remind myself I need a replacement. I used to think of it as a "budget" Delica.
The one pictured above is the newer D2 version, i also have a satin plain in AUS 8A. Under $20 bucks, fantastic value!

Edited to add: Plain jane Spyderco Delicas are retailing @ $84 currently. I would rather have 4 of these and a little extra change.

Last edited:

chaoss

Enlightened
Been carrying this one for a week now, (giving my 2003 regular Sebenza a break). So far it has not disappointed. Breaking in just fine, edge is still good to go.
I will say that I'm no a big fan of coated blades but so far so good.
Also, I'm not hesitant at all now to deploy this knife and use it on any messy tasks.

chaoss

Enlightened
Yard bird is a cookin, corn is prepped and ready for a nuke session and dem beanz are heatin up :p.

Edited to add, i used the knife to lop off the tips of the corn and also to unseal the bird bits.
Cross contamination being a thing, i sterilized the blade afterwards.

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
mine is brand new and needs breaking in. hard to open and close but can't go wrong with the price

chaoss

Enlightened
Just put it to work again tonight.
The Henckels paring knife was again dull from who knows what so out came the Dozier.
Used it on garlic, onions, tomatoes & cooked chicken tenders to help create a killer green chili stew.
Not the greatest slicer given it's thicker blade but the hollow grind behind the edge makes chopping various foods a breeze.

chaoss

Enlightened
Well, it has seen a lot of work and was finally time to freshen up the edge.
A few passes on the ole Sharpmaker (white stones) and dare i say it's crazy hair popping sharp.
Very impressed with how well D2 steel responds to sharpening.
Still rockin it daily.