• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Show Off Your Polished Brass Peaks

calebra

Banned
P1010509.jpg

rider

Newly Enlightened
Polished brass 10280 Eiger next to a SS 10280.

peak_eiger_ss10280_brass10280-2.jpg

For size reference, the head and 10280 body are shorter than a AAA / 10440 tube:

peak_eiger-2.jpg

carrot

Flashaholic
Alright, I have no problem getting my new El Capitan beautiful and shiny, but I have a hard time keeping it that way. Any tips to make polished brass shine longer?

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright, I have no problem getting my new El Capitan beautiful and shiny, but I have a hard time keeping it that way. Any tips to make polished brass shine longer?

I recall some old Marines who used lacquer on all their brass. It prevents exposure to air which allows oxidation and the development of a patina. However, I'm a bit reluctant to try anything of that sort on a Peak.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I'm starting to paint flashlights in a clear Kerakote. If successful, it should be possible to polish them in advance.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, there really are two business ends... a #8 Logan and a fine old snow white 7 LED McKinley, and they both work fine. I use to carry the McKinley with an extra battery and keychain post on the other end but have been thinking of switching out the McKinley for either a red LED Logan or a #1 Logan for the runtime.

My granddaughter has one with a McKinley on one end and a plug on the other so she can keep her necklace safe at night.

IMG0015-4-1.jpg

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you get it to work simultaneously with the heads both needing the + positive terminal of the battery to reach the LED?

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will I be able to do this with my 2 Eigers I ordered? How do the 2 tubes thread into one another?

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The double-ender is not two separate tubes joined together; it's a single Caribbean tube bored out toward the center from both ends. Unfortunately, you can't simply thread two Eigers together. But it's a great idea for the Eiger - a Penlight with a #8 and a #1.