• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Show Off Your Polished Brass Peaks

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
The double-ender is not two separate tubes joined together; it's a single Caribbean tube bored out toward the center from both ends. Unfortunately, you can't simply thread two Eigers together. But it's a great idea for the Eiger - a Penlight with a #8 and a #1.

What about the 2xAAA battery tube and fitting both Eiger heads on the ends?

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The existing penlight tube used on the Eiger and the Fujiyama was bored straight through from front to rear to hold two AAA's, so it would not be possible to orient the batteries in separate directions (no negative contact).

This would require a new AAA sized tube identical in design to the double-ended Caribbean except for the diameter and length.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly.... here is a visual...two flashlights in one.

mckinleycad.jpg

If you look at the bottom diagram carefully, you will note that the batteries are oriented in opposite directions, with the positive toward the heads. Each battery supplies an individual head, with the negative contact being a shared part of the light body.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
The existing penlight tube used on the Eiger and the Fujiyama was bored straight through from front to rear to hold two AAA's, so it would not be possible to orient the batteries in separate directions (no negative contact).

This would require a new AAA sized tube identical in design to the double-ended Caribbean except for the diameter and length.

I doubt in theory I'd actually even want a light like this with 2 ends with different heads. Still couldn't help thinking that a 2xAAA tube with a plate or foil placed between the 2 negative terminals of the AAAs would share the common negative & would be the same thing as the bored out Caribbean body, no?

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh ok I keep thinking the Eiger and Logan have 2 removable ends. Hope the tailspring or negative contact in either never break cuz it would be as PITA to try to fix that issue.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The keychain attachment does thread off (smaller diameter than the head), and under it is a threaded, removable, neg. contact... no worries, tough as nails!

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
You never can tell what twists and turns your life may take. Who knows, I may be buried in a brass casket wearing a brass diving helmet and clutching a polished Brass Eiger while my poor wife cries and screams obscenities at MWClint who started me down this brass road.

afraidofdark

Enlightened
You never can tell what twists and turns your life may take. Who knows, I may be buried in a brass casket wearing a brass diving helmet and clutching a polished Brass Eiger while my poor wife cries and screams obscenities at MWClint who started me down this brass road.

Dude, ROTFL!

(my wife just rolls her eyes when I break out the Brasso :thumbsup:)

whacko

Newly Enlightened
I might be in the minority, but I love the patina that the brass lights acquire over time. They get the same aged and soft-edged look and feel of a tool that has been lovingly used for 100 years.

Thats the main reason I almost always go for brass over HA or SS.

eNonsense

Newly Enlightened
I might be in the minority, but I love the patina that the brass lights acquire over time. They get the same aged and soft-edged look and feel of a tool that has been lovingly used for 100 years.

Thats the main reason I almost always go for brass over HA or SS.

+1

This is the reason I'm looking into buying a Peak. I haven't seen any other real patina building lights other than a copper one. Gives your items a personal character as it ages.

D.R.A.N.

Newly Enlightened
I was browsing on Dealextreme yesterday and came across an interesting brass/brass colored keychain and I thought some of you might be interested in that. So here is the sku 68013 (Kirksite Key Ring - Bronze- cost $2.50). I think it would perfectly compliment Peak's brass lights with keychain/lug bodies.