Show Us Your EDC Folder

Maven

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys,Yeah, joined both sites around same time, just been a little bit more active over on BF. The Sebenza takes on new character almost everyday at this point. My lights...kinda been about the same. I dont think Ive got even a single scratch to the raw metal on my MD2 ye, but I love that thing and carry it into the woods every time I go. the SnapOn penlight shares a pocket with the CRK, I think it loses most of the fights.

Yeah its a user. I use my knives for real. I never don't have one in my pocket (maybe shoulda said "always"....but double negatives always sound more emphatic :lol:)
20160426_133143_zps7ighxfes.jpg

I ditched the lanyard because it was getting more in the way than it was helping, it liked to get caught in the clip of the SnapOn 140lm penlight.
20160428_083747_zpstzymrdgt.jpg

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
The Sebenza takes on new character almost everyday at this point. . .but I love that thing and carry it into the woods every time I go.

Yeah its a user. I use my knives for real.
And there it is! NICE GOING ON THAT! ! ! :D

Maven

Newly Enlightened
How often do you clean your Seb and how? I am not talking about the outside.

Hey Str8stroke, I clean the outside and the inside with non-chlorinated "brake clean" (a nice little cocktail of largely acetone, methanol, and toluene, available in spray cans in most auto parts stores) The non chlorinated part is essential as chlorine embrittles titanium.

I spray/wipe down the outside often (multiple times daily.) To truly clean the blade i just use methanol straight basically.

When I clean the inside I still use the "brake clean" spray, and a microfiber cloth. And relube with Krytox grease (as I have a massive 500g tub)

Ive only broken down the Sebenza once in the 10days Ive been using it (yes...10 days LOL) It was still decently lubed from the factory even after all the use.

This is a 2009 knife wth solid washers, YMMV. Ill take it apart again next week to see what going on with it. At that point Ill probably either stick with a biweekly schedule and slowly see if I can stretch it out to a month of normal use.

My knives have typically go a month between strip downs UNLESS they get exposed to significant metal dust, like a trip too close to the lathe.

The Sebenza is so much easier to tear down, clean, lube and assemble then my previous Griptilian and CRKT M-16s that I would care if it wouldnt make it past the two week mark or needed it every week honestly.

I got it after a lot of deliberation and switching between 3 knives over about a 2-3 month period, CRKT pissed me off, I lost a FiddleBack Forge, and I just realized Benchmade cant really be what I need it to be....for work ( I melted the scales on my MiniGrip :lol: )

1DaveN

Enlightened
On the subject of cleaning etc., has anyone tried a Sentry Solutions Tuf-Cloth? Any thoughts about them?

The Miller

Newly Enlightened
I just wipe mine EDC off and strap it a bit at the end of the day.
Now I am using either a Ganzo G727 with orange handle or an Enlan EL01 with wooden handle.
5flvo5.jpg

I like the Ganzo more even though the Enlan is a lttle bigger, the thumbstuds and lock are easier to operate with one hand.
The black one top left was the one I used, but I gifted it and ordered a orange, looks more like a tool, less like a weapon.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the subject of cleaning etc., has anyone tried a Sentry Solutions Tuf-Cloth? Any thoughts about them?
Yes, I have, and I like it. I live in a humid environment, and I find it works quite well. it stinks though.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use both the original and the one for items used at sea on all my knives & lights, inside & out(knives as needed, lights every 6-9 months). I am experimenting with the Sentry oil as a thread lubricant/contact cleaner as well and so far excellent results. I use Deoxit on my battery contact surfaces and after all that I lube my O rings With Nyogel and am good to go. Been a long time since I have had a light failure....

tex.proud

Enlightened
I'm sorry, but a chisel blade like that has what use for EDC? I'm curious. I honestly don't see it.

Last edited:

1DaveN

Enlightened
Yes, I have, and I like it. I live in a humid environment, and I find it works quite well. it stinks though.

I use both the original and the one for items used at sea on all my knives & lights, inside & out(knives as needed, lights every 6-9 months). I am experimenting with the Sentry oil as a thread lubricant/contact cleaner as well and so far excellent results. I use Deoxit on my battery contact surfaces and after all that I lube my O rings With Nyogel and am good to go. Been a long time since I have had a light failure....

Thanks - that's good information. We get some humidity, but I haven't had anything just rust in normal use or storage. I've just gotten a couple of more expensive knives, though, and want to make sure they're maintained properly.