Show your beat up light.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Re: lets see your scratched up lights

The pic didn't show it but the head was bent same as the reflector.

Yeah I was annoyed at first. Not because it was beat up, but that the seller had shown a photo of the version with the sealed head and said "120 lumens" and "a few small nicks".

Then I noticed SureFire ear plugs in the package.
I prefer the 80 lumen drop in over the sealed head anyway. And I had that round solar force head stashed for another G2 some day.
So instead of buying another Malkoff that needs an o-ring because solar farce heads on G2's need modifying. That outta round reflector fits perfect and lights without an o-ring spacer added.

Last edited:

JoeAsheville

Newly Enlightened

That P60L appears to have been squeezed with a pair of pliers...?

NVM...you mentioned that the head was bent the same way. Run over with a bulldozer, maybe...

bykfixer

Flashaholic

^^ good thought.

My initial reaction (once the shock wore off) was "well if it lights...it must be one tough cookie"
Thought two; maybe a PK torture test sample that somehow made it to private hands...

Either way it'll enjoy an easier life now. Not retired mind you, but certainly nothing like it once saw.

1pt21

Enlightened

Holy Hell Byk! I've never seen a drop-in take that kind of damage before, goes to show you SF durability though huh?

At least you scored a better host (I agree with you on that one) and that SolarForce head actually looks great on there IMO.

It seems even the old G2's are becoming harder to find these days, I'd call it a nice score. Though that is kind of shady on the sellers part, "a few small nicks" hahahahaha oh man.....

Going to keep using that beat P60L or drop something else in there??

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Eh, at least I had something to post in this thread.

1pt I'll use it like it is. I had wanted a P60L for a while (knowing it's shortcomings) so yeah it's one for the collection of 'outdated' lights.

Like these...

My thought for it's future is to slap on a G2 head and make the body look like it began life as a G2L.

Last edited:

EBuff75

Newly Enlightened
This Fenix L1D was my daily carry for almost seven years. Still works fine and I kinda like the patinaed look. Gives it that feel of authenticity!

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast

Most definitely! It has served you well.

Do you remember which LED it has? I'm almost sure it would be an XR-E Q5, but it could be a Rebel. Those Rebels really had nice beams.

EBuff75

Newly Enlightened

Do you remember which LED it has? I'm almost sure it would be an XR-E Q5, but it could be a Rebel. Those Rebels really had nice beams.

It's the Q5. When I bought it that was the upgraded "Premium" version of the light. It's been an absolute tank, considering that I just tossed it in my pocket along with change, a Leatherman, etc. The lens is still clear and even the rubber boot on the switch is still good.

One funny note, the bezel is just large enough for a dime ($.10 coin, for the non-US members) to get stuck in it and completely block the light! Whenever that would happen, I would usually end up having to use the tip of a pocketknife to pry it out because the crown is just deep enough that the coin sits completely flush with the end of the light!

Fenix L1D Premium Q5
by EBuff75, on Flickr

Bogie

Enlightened

Here we a few users.
170c461dd36a816b252e36ab19792723.jpg

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bogie, that BLACKHAWK looks like it has a few stories to tell. Those others need to be sent to my PO Box for closer inspection! :D

jfhrtn

Newly Enlightened

Really liked scanning through this thread to see how some lights stood up to every day use. I figured I would post up with a work light that saw about 6 years of use back about 2002-2008. It has been on its fair share of tractors and laid in a many of irrigation trench while digging them out. Got a terralux led on the way for it to bring it out of the incan days. Let's keep this thread alive

e99c69d5dcae363a9a54f1599b24cfd9.jpg

well ill start since i made this thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif this is a solitare that my dad has had for atleast 10 years on his keychain. the origonal color is black.
beatupsolitare.jpg

After seeing the very first post, I've had to add my beat up light as well. This light, has a very good reason to be a beat up, as it is almost 25 years old. This is the very piece, that got me started on being a true flashaholic. I have purchased this light in 1992 in Amalfi, Italy. I was 14 years old, on vacation with my family, when I've seen this light in the window of one of the electronic store. I have spend my whole allowance that I was given for that vacation, to purchase this light, which has been babied for years. It is a miracle, that I still have it today, as I have since moved numerous times, once across the globe. Although I haven't carried it for over 17 years, it is still one of my favorite, with the most memories.

29317597125_f965fe9e9b_b.jpg

jfhrtn

Newly Enlightened

CPF needs a like button. Great story with that light there George

Autodoctor911

Newly Enlightened

20160831_111735_zpscbolxqcq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]here are my two that I have left. worse ones have disappeared. red one is less than one year old.

Last edited: