Show your beat up light.

soeren

Newly Enlightened
used_6p.sized.jpg

It's been a rough month. Anyone know where I can get replacement switch boots that fit?

Where do I get such a bezel?

greetings

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast

Five years or so of EDC as an electrician. It's seen everything from red clay mud to water treatment plant floors.

SilentK

Enlightened
Excuse my poor photography skills.

DSCF0750.jpg

Most of the aodizing is removed from the edge of the tailcap on my quark AA^2 and it is left with bare aluminum (there is more on the other side). The light has been so abused on the tail cap, that the parts missing aodizing is actually recessed, and it looks like i took chunks of the aluminum out. and it kind of looks like someone did a very crapy job of beadblasting by leaving several "pits"

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excuse my poor photography skills.
Most of the aodizing is removed from the edge of the tailcap on my quark AA^2 and it is left with bare aluminum (there is more on the other side). The light has been so abused on the tail cap, that the parts missing aodizing is actually recessed, and it looks like i took chunks of the aluminum out. and it kind of looks like someone did a very crapy job of beadblasting by leaving several "pits"
details on how that happened!! :popcorn:

SilentK

Enlightened
details on how that happened!! :popcorn:

Well, it was a pretty stupid idea i had last night. I am pretty big into RC Nitro cars. So i wanted to drive one at night. :grin2: But i wanted a "headlight." I found a place on one of the chassis for the light to go without it falling off from the turns and acceleration. So i set it there (I had also mounted my zebralight, but i used zip ties so it would not move around) and about 5 minutes into my "run" i hit a little ditch and heard a nice grinding sound. i bring it in and remove my light and call it a night not wanting to ruin anything. about 5 minutes later i noticed a shinny part on my light (Zebralight was fine BTW) and noticed it. So upon further investigation, i am pretty sure that the light wound up backing into my cars transmision somehow and got in the way of a nitro engine pushing out around 3.8 horsepower. So now i know if i want to have a headlight for an rc car, mount it. Dont just put in on the chassis. :shakehead

Simon520

Newly Enlightened
Show your USED, beat up flashlights!

I always see pictures of mint shelf queens.

How about some pictures of well-used lights? Some character marks?

How about some expensive exotic "users?"

Sorry, I don't have any experienced ones. Mine are still pretty minty but it would be great to see some McGizmos at hard work.
:D

Last edited:

Latest posts