Show your beat up light.

ghostguy6

Enlightened
This used to be a Surefire Winelight. Its on its 3rd switch cover and obviously has no color left except a faint tint on the bezel.
dMxjHP.jpg

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: lets see your scratched up lights

That's impressive. I never saw a light lose its finish. I wish you many many more years with it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Badges of Honor

This is the only way it happens. I needed both hands for something, place it in my lap. Forget. Stand up. Falls on concrete.

I don't recall the other handful of times. Nothing happens when there isn't concrete. Laps and concrete are the bane of my lights' existence.

y3kBflC_d.jpg

DxWqRrr_d.jpg

Brand new SC5c II I have been raving about across threads all week. Wow that hurts. Maybe it will wear in.

Please help me feel better by posting pics of your bites and the stories that go with them. Thx.

Last edited:

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel better already, and this without taking any pleasure in the misfortunes of others. Rather, I am in good company. We are as one, CPF.

I sent zl 4 modified, beat to crap lights missing tail caps, reflectors etc (s600's) & received 4 working lights in return. No questions asked.

Amazing, and reassuring. I only have 2 ZL now. I guess I better get a couple more. I actually have my eye on two in particular, but I must wait until payday and bills paid.

Last edited:

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened

Here's the top 4, in order:
• Thrunite Ti3
• Lumintop Tool
• Convoy M1
• Convoy C8
0PWHefe.jpg

The Ti3 in particular is so battle scarred that the originally round bezel has become a fat triangle! :sick2: It may not be clear in the image (old phone camera, no macro function) but you can for sure see it with a bit of zooming in. Mind you, this never caused any issues with the waterproofing, the o-ring in front of the lens was perfectly intact when I pulled the pill out.
MMMB5JR.jpg

The others don't feature any such deformities, only a bit on the bezel teeth at worst. The real marks of use are all on the anodizing.
xpSfPA8.jpg

wbzIY7U.jpg

3Avj4yC.jpg

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Inova after 2 years of use, Xeno after 3 month:
full?d=1509985362.jpg
Yep. Aside from gouges and dents from drops and getting banged around, genuine HA really only shows its age on high wear spots and edges.

j2Sz4xM.jpg

My EDC and work lights for >8yrs, that were just updated in the last few months(with another Zebralight and Malkoff).
The E2D host is older, and has been the work, EDC, and backup/emergency light, at one time or another over the past 12yrs, with different heads and dropins.

4PjeI45.jpg

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've carried and used my Emisar D4V2 every single day since I got it when it was released almost 2 years ago.
28a32854147dcf9213eb1d6517cb1a28.jpg
9cb6e91653129f67236ae179cbabd3b8.jpg

Commodorefirst

Newly Enlightened

This was my pocket carry, daily 24/7 for 9-10 years, until I started carrying my current HDS lights in 2019. I kept the red filter on the front and just shoved it off in my pocket depending if I wanted to keep my night vision, or needed to light up the night. 2009 model. Prior to that was a surefire executive Incan then led head.

p3291983173-6.jpg

whill44

Enlightened

nbp

Flashaholic
OOOOF! We don't often get a "beat to death" light in this thread.

Maybe you can put the tail and head on a new body to retain some of its previous history??

FortyCaliber

Newly Enlightened
Due to the poor memory of it's master my faithful servant of many years was cruelly killed by conveyor belt today. It was left to fight for it's life during the start up after an adjustment. The horror of the sounds it made will forever haunt my dreams. Goodby dear friend.

That won't buff out.

RIP Solarforce

whill44

Enlightened
OOOOF! We don't often get a "beat to death" light in this thread.

Maybe you can put the tail and head on a new body to retain some of its previous history??
Yes the head, battery and tail cap along with the sportac led are fine to use again. I've already transferred the internals to another solarforce L2M black body that has seen the same abuse at work. I may try a two tone color combo later.
51810432339_bf3b996b48_z.jpg
Replacement solarforce by William Hill, on Flickr
51810193098_2e11a8e809_z.jpg
Replacement solarforce by William Hill, on Flickr