Show your Solarforce Part II

dsche

Newly Enlightened
BlackBezel.jpg

:whistle:

tam17

Enlightened
Looks neat. Haven't seen much of "pocket ripper" SS rings on L2T head, most people keep on stock flat ones. Willing to share how did you get that black finish on SS?

BTW do you have any beamshots of your L2 with diffuser optics?

Cheers,

Tam

dsche

Newly Enlightened
Tam, I've make it with hard alkali (Sodium carbonate + Sodium hydroxide + Sodium silicate). Part heated to cherry color, than dip to alkali (be mega carefully with chemistry! It's dangerous.) After five to ten bath it painted black. Than last bath with oil. Enjoy.

bezel.jpg

And about beamshotes: here this optic wit XM-L compared with Carclo Narrow XP-E triple (triple on left)

Last edited:

tam17

Enlightened
Thanks man, I think I'll skip chemical treatment and heating, it sounds dangerous and it probably is :sick2:

As for the diffuser, I've put a single layer d-c-fix film diffuser (glue removed with acetone) over my XR-E, and beamshots look similar to those you've made (perhaps a little bit more sidespill on mine, with a slightly purplish tint).

Cheers,

Tam

don.gwapo

Enlightened
If you want your L2's to tail stand more securely. :).

052220121921.jpg

052220121923.jpg

Use your Minimag rubber cap. It fits perfect and snaps right in with no modification. :D.

Roood

Newly Enlightened
I currently have a SolarForce XML T6 (claims to have 800lumens) and a XPG R5 (320 lumens). I tested both on an AW 18650 and 2x CR123 SureFire. The R5 beats the T6 for some reason. Do I need to use special batteries on the T6 to get its max output?

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are the voltages for each drop in? Is the XM-L the 3-6v or the newer 3-8.4v version? Also what version of the XP-G is it? The .8-4.2v or one of the higher voltages? Just be careful and watch you voltages for each drop in. The XM-L should give you more light out the front, maybe just not as concentrated in a tight hot spot. The XP-G will definitely give you longer run times and a tighter, brighter center with better throw.

Roood

Newly Enlightened
Both are the 3.7-8.4v. The new ones/versions. The only advantage I saw was that the XML did not heat up as much as the XPG and has a warm tint. Both using AW 18650 protected. I also tried using AW RCR123's, still the same, XPG defeated the XML. I got two XML's, 3-mode and the 5-mode and comparing it with my current XPG 5-Mode, XPG is brighter.

Latest posts