Show your Solarforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yo ace, any chance of seeing a shot of this baby in action? :)

Here you go!

DSCN0649.jpg

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing that doesn't make the L2 a perfect light to me is the fact that it has Strobe/SOS and that the levels are not spaced far enough apart. If there was a drop in with just Low/Mid/High... with the low being somewhere between 5 and 10 lumens and the mid being somewhere around 40 to 50 lumens... I think I'd buy 4 of them.

Amen.... WHEN will China.Inc get the message? They're leaving a lot of cash on the table by NOT meeting the call for multi levels spaced far apart, with a very low low, and NO strobe, NO SOS. Solarforce.... are you listening? :poke:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally get to see it! Always see this lantern in all the sites, but none showing it lit up. Thanks! :)

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally get to see it! Always see this lantern in all the sites, but none showing it lit up. Thanks! :)

Not a problem. The standard head part and strike bezel unscrews to turn it back into a regular L2. Very versatile I think!

gsxrac

Enlightened
They also need to make that T4 in GRAY. I wish more companies would go with the Gray/Gunmetal/Pewter colors and less black. Why does everyone think black is the leader?

Gray/Gunmetal/Pewter just looks GREAT like something out of Halo or The Terminator.

Flashlight companies are you listening?

Do you wanna know the real reason? Mainly because black is a "tactical" color.And it helps cut down on the cost of the light because they don't have to have as many flavors of anno as baskin robins does ice cream! I personally love black and gun metal!

Jimdo

Newly Enlightened
In regards to the public wanting different colors, I as an importer and distributor can tell you that the black outsells the other colors about three to one. In general, the public does indeed want black. The numbers do not lie. That said, there are people out there that like the other colors better or just flat out don't like the black at all, but many more people out there like the black than don't like the black.

jenskh

Enlightened
It does not seem like. You can get a 5 mode 3.7- 4.2 or a single mode multi voltage from Solarforce. The module you are asking for you can get from Dereelight.
Jens

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tendency is to use the highest output a light can produce by default, but most often I find that kicking it down a notch or two is every bit as useful and extends run times considerably! I run Solarforce's LC-1 R2-M 3.7-4.2 lamp (purple label) in several of my L2s and L2m and they're fantastic light modules... great output, long runtimes, perfect with an 18650, 17670, or single RCR123 in an L2m. I could sure pass on the strobe & sos modes though... in place of those, there should be a really low l-o-w.

Last edited:

ykb

Newly Enlightened
R0010812.jpg

- L2 with Cree R2 module and 6P tailcap
- L2M with budget MC-E module, and a not small Solarforce forward clicky

Norm

Retired Administrator
Does anyone own a 100% Stainless Steel Solarforce L2 yet?

sssolarforcel2.jpg

I currently have one on order. I've never seen a post talking about this light.
Norm

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone own a 100% Stainless Steel Solarforce L2 yet?

I currently have one on order. I never seen a post talking about this light.
Norm

Yes, I have read somewhere in CPF that it's heavy and it's not like it's heavy heavy, but heavy HEAVY.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.