Show your Solarforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
FMN, how is the fitment of the heatsink? Which quad did you get? I like that blue color, very vivid under some light, and very conservative under other lighting.

flashmenow

Newly Enlightened
About 1000Lm differant :) The quad is rated at 1600LM, the typical XM-L is 600, with the exception of the modded ones being sold at 1000m from Vin. The quads are all flood and light up a vast area.

The quad was made by CPF member kerberos

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/member.php?104078-kerberos0023

The fit inside the solarforce host needed a bit of copper tape to snug up, other then that is AOK. Guess kind of ironic placing a 200 buck LEd in a 25 buck host, but I had it around being unused and along came the blue L2P hosts for sale and the combo looked great together.

pomp92

Newly Enlightened
Ordered (RepProdigious's style L2P):
-L2P Black body
-L2T Head
-S9 Switch
-B6 SS Bezel..

Plus a 3-mode regulated 2.8A driver and a XM-L drop-ins that will be modded, multicoated lens and some stuff to improve heatsink :devil: ...
:broke:Damn flashlight! lovecpf

dsche

Newly Enlightened
Carclo 10048 fit Solarforce head (with little filing))

Thanks for the info!

Do you have Beamshots?

Greetings from Germany

Sorry guys it's not work

XML with Carclo 10058

spot01.jpg

And with DX SKU 41690

spot02.jpg

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Ordered (RepProdigious's style L2P):
-L2P Black body
-L2T Head
-S9 Switch
-B6 SS Bezel..

Plus a 3-mode regulated 2.8A driver and a XM-L drop-ins that will be modded, multicoated lens and some stuff to improve heatsink :devil: ...
:broke:Damn flashlight! lovecpf

I also run a 2.8A dropin and since your XML will put out more heat than my triple xpg i can give you one more purchse-advise; Some proper thermal paste and metal strip depending on the fit of the dropin. Dont wrap aluminium foil 10x to make it work as each contact area adds resistance to the heat transfer, best is a single strip of metal thats exactly thick enough to make the dropin press-fit in the body and then add tiny bits of thermal paste on all four contact surfaces.

LV426

Enlightened
Nothing fancy, but darn, they're so smooth and nice! (UCL lenses and McClickies added, the rest is Solarforce.)

L2L2ML2T_01.jpg

L2L2ML2T_02.jpg

L2L2ML2T_03.jpg

pomp92

Newly Enlightened
Sooo... :) ...a few pics of my blue L2P.. :cool: (Solarforce's XM-L drop-in inside)

wm2copia.jpg

wm3copia.jpg

wm4copia.jpg

wm5copia.jpg

wm1copia.jpg

Tomorrow will be the L2T's turn.. :wave:

PS: @RepProdigious Thank you for the info's! ;) I've just some CPU's thermal compound and the thermal conductive selant is in the mail. I'll pay much more attention at heatsinking this hot 2.8A drop-in ;)
Maybe the next one should be a tri-XPG from CutterElectronics but I have to find the way to build the drop in module without a lathe available. :(

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing fancy, but darn, they're so smooth and nice! (UCL lenses and McClickies added, the rest is Solarforce.)

Very nice lights! Was it simple and straightforward on the McClicky switch installs into the Solarforce tail caps? Can you notice any difference in switch operation? Any install hints?

nerrad

Newly Enlightened
Pomp92...The new blue L2P looks like it does not tailstand like the older models. Is that the stock switch boot?

pomp92

Newly Enlightened
Pomp92...The new blue L2P looks like it does not tailstand like the older models. Is that the stock switch boot?

Mmm it's a bit triky.. Can tailstand when on, but it's not very stable. Maybe adding a oring (or something similar) between the tailcap end and the rubber button will let the switch not protrude more from the tailcap. ;)

tjswarbrick

Enlightened

Not terribly stable in stock form. An O-Ring did the trick for me.
I'm not sure the exact dimensions - I believe it was the spare head-to-body ring from my JETBeam E3S.
Now that I've got it together, loctited, and working great I'm a little hesitant to take it apart to measure it. But it was thinner than the plumbing ones at the hardware store, and fit snugly around the boot switch.
You can see my photo in #1532 above where it does tailstand now.
- Tom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.