• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Nguyen Flashlight Torture Tests Videos

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
And your quad w2 d4svn produce 4600 lumens and this quad w2 only does 2650 lumens? I think you definitely need to try a new cell.

Patriot

Flashaholic
There is likely resistance that needs to be improved as it should be brighter on Max. So the Protected Manker is not very high drain.

I would have guessed that even that cell would have been capable of giving an initial, high reading with rapid fall off, but doesn't seem to be the case. There must be significant resistance there. Hopefully it's mostly in the cell.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
OK I took the light apart and made some connections tweaks
Same Manker 4800mAh pushes 2900L at Turn ON (250L improvement)
Samsung 30T Push 4000L at turn ON

Yes D4Svn does 4600L at turn on but this light has an E switch and larger optics.
Also SLN is a modular host with light engine options so greater output lost is inevitable.
Regardless, I think 600L lost with a comparable set up is right on where it should be.

I will go ahead and run another heat test with Samsung 21700 Unprotected 30T now.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
SLN Heat Test 2 (Samsung 30T)
Starting 4000L 4.2V
Too hot to touch at 2.5min
Max temp @ 10min
End test 12.5Min
Ending 1400L 3.14V

Patriot

Flashaholic
First off, thank you for taking the extra time to put this together. That test was amazing! I've never had a LED light that hot before and stopped at 180F. Granted, I didn't want to destruction test it either. It's great that it kept going!

Questions;
1) Did it still output the same lumens after the light cooled down and new cell 30T installed? (I'm guessing it retained the same output)
2) Did you open up the light and check for any heat effects/damage?
3) Would you mind checking the output numbers with a 50E as that will probably be the capacity I'd be looking for.

It's nice to know what this light outputs on the various cells.

Thanks Vinh

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
First off, thank you for taking the extra time to put this together. That test was amazing! I've never had a LED light that hot before and stopped at 180F. Granted, I didn't want to destruction test it either. It's great that it kept going!

Questions;
1) Did it still output the same lumens after the light cooled down and new cell 30T installed? Yes. I checked and all as original. (I'm guessing it retained the same output)
2) Did you open up the light and check for any heat effects/damage? No. I only check for operation and output. I want to leave the driver & LEDs as is to see how it continue to hold up through all the tests.
3) Would you mind checking the output numbers with a 50E as that will probably be the capacity I'd be looking for. There will be About 50 different light engines to choose from. Lets save the performance to each cells test later.

It's nice to know what this light outputs on the various cells.

Thanks Vinh

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
How will resistance compare between clicky and twisty?

Twisty will be a bit brighter due to less resistance. However the main goal of the twisty tail cap is to turn the light into a diving light with the appropriate bezel/head.
Even if one is not into diving the twisty will still have its own appeal. Simple operation, 3 large trits slots, and shorty overall length. However, I have no money for a twisty tail cap and Diving head. Those parts are still in design phase anyhow.