• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Tange Prefected

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Tange V2 - Yikes!

Haha I have a soft spot in my heart for the old one. I nurtured it and actually got it to work correctly. I could never toss it

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Haha I have a soft spot in my heart for the old one. I nurtured it and actually got it to work correctly. I could never toss it

I have a bucket here. Mostly dead. I guess I will keep a couple for a memory of an important lesson.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh, charge them up and press them together really tight. Mine was not fully press fit and was causing the connection to be weak. They will probably work. Mine even popped like a press fit lens going on. After I popped it in place it started working again. I thought the touch sensor was bad firstly. Then thought it was the battery. It was neither. It was just not put together well

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened

I ordered last night and wanted blue. V said all sold except one red which was still available.

I changed colors and got it. Received a note that it was shipped.

Can't wait to get it and start playing.

My thinking is the V2 could be a great Christmas or birthday gift.

Once again, can't wait until it arrives.

V

If your looking, excuse my ignorance but what does "Tange" mean? It's not named after Kenzo Tange is it?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Please stop by to let us know if you got your Tange V2

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

User Interface
Turn ON/OFF with 1s long press
When ON each quick tap cycle Low-Med-High-Med-Low
Lockout: During OFF long press for ~3s until double blink -- If your light is "dead" chances are you locked it out like I did. :)
Red AUX Blink indicate low voltage
Solid Blue AUX indicate fully charged

Rasher

Enlightened

Tange V2 Blue showed up today. Seems very solidly built, can't imagine an accidental drop or ten would faze it. Plenty bright for its intended use scenario. Starting torture testing now...

Edit:

Impressive runtime on high (120lm) mode for such a tiny light: a bit over an hour before voltage warning red pulsing starts, with about 5-10% additional time before light shuts down. I didn't put it on a meter, but the brightness drop-off as the cell runs down is not extreme, putting out usably bright light until it shuts down.

Charging immediately from fully depleted state takes just about the same time, a bit over an hour.

Bouncing the light off a lightly carpeted floor a few dozen times while doing runtime testing had no apparent physical or visual impact on the light. I'm sure a good drop onto concrete would ding the little thing, but I doubt it would affect operation (I have no plan to do such a test, however).

Last edited:

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened

Tange V2 Blue showed up today. Seems very solidly built, can't imagine an accidental drop or ten would faze it. Plenty bright for its intended use scenario. Starting torture testing now...

Edit:

Impressive runtime on high (120lm) mode for such a tiny light: a bit over an hour before voltage warning red pulsing starts, with about 5-10% additional time before light shuts down. I didn't put it on a meter, but the brightness drop-off as the cell runs down is not extreme, putting out usably bright light until it shuts down.

Charging immediately from fully depleted state takes just about the same time, a bit over an hour.

Bouncing the light off a lightly carpeted floor a few dozen times while doing runtime testing had no apparent physical or visual impact on the light. I'm sure a good drop onto concrete would ding the little thing, but I doubt it would affect operation (I have no plan to do such a test, however).

Excellent review

Mine is on it's way. Getting anxious.

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened

My signed, red V2 just arrived. I wanted blue but only red was available and I am glad I ended up with red.

As stated in posts above, it is well built. For now, I plugged it in to charge.

Afterwards, I will play with it see what it can do.

It is small, very small.

I wish I could insert a picture

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened

V

Question

I plugged in the Tange

Is there an indicator when the V2 is fully charged?

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened

THIS IS DIFFERENT

When I'm working behind a large TV, I need a light while using both hands. I have been using an Olight Baton in my mouth giving two free hands.

I put the V2 in my mouth to test and I can actually use my tongue to manipulate the light's functions.

Sos24

Enlightened

I just saw this thread and now am anxious for them to get back in stock. I've been wanting a small rechargeable keychain light with tail switch instead of twist.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

New Tange is very efficient. I turn on the low mode at 1 pm, and the light is still on around midnight. I turn it off and went to bed..

thats 11 hours. Will continue the rest. Crazy runtime

Latest posts