Slim 1xAA light, preferably clicky?

creyc

Enlightened
I've got a good assortment of lights, large and small, but most days I find myself grabbing for a slimmer AA light, as they just pocket better. Right now this means either the Eagletac D25A, or L3 Illumination L10 twisty. Other single AA lights like the Zebralight SC52 have the additional bulk around the side switch and get a little less use.

The Eagletac can't be the only truly slim, high quality AA light out there, what other lights should I check out? Most important other feature besides slim form would be a quality belt clip. Also, li-ion compatibility would be nice, but not a requirement.

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks neat, and I don't have any Quarks yet!

It's a great light (I prefer the XML version), and the one I reach for most among those you mention (all of which I have), but be advised it is also larger than any of them too.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Xeno E03 is a tad longer and thicker than the L3 L10, but it's got a 3 mode reverse clicky and works better on a li-ion 14500, if you swing from that side of the plate. No clip, but it hides in the pocket nicely.

I'm going on a cruise soon and I think that I'm taking the L10 for ease of carry and its AA Eneloops and I'll probably bring my D25C Ti clicky, or the SWM V11R, for a bit more horsepower, should the need arise.

I'll bring a just 4 pack of Eneloops and then the Xtar WP2 II charger for topping off the 16340s, if needed.

Chris

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
CQG AA is about the slimmest AA I know of, 16mm diameter, slimmer than the Thrunite. Not sure of clip options though but a clicky.

The other option is to wait for the new L10 clicky if you are not in a rush.

pokelda2

Newly Enlightened
the fenix e11 or e12 are good small 1 AA lights with decent output as well. Also relatively cheap at around $30 shipping and all.

eaglemax

Newly Enlightened
I have the D25A, very nice light and top quality holster, the UI is easy to learn plus the turbo is handy.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although i am an avid Fenix fan,no contest for me the D25A from Eagletac far better then the Fenix offerings of the E11 or E12.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Although i am an avid Fenix fan,no contest for me the D25A from Eagletac far better then the Fenix offerings of the E11 or E12.

I would second that. I own both the E12 and the D25A and the D25A, though twice the cost, wins hands down.

The central reason is that the E12, while not a bad light in and of itself, it way too warm for me and lacks the "brightness" of the D25A with it being cool white. While we all have different preferences, mine is for the cool white of the D25A which has a total of 200 lumens to the E12's 130 lumens.

Now if only Fenix could make a "miniature" version of its PD35 running cool white in single AA or double ...

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
The central reason is that the E12, while not a bad light in and of itself, it way too warm for me and lacks the "brightness" of the D25A with it being cool white.

Could you elaborate on the tint of your E12 ? By warm do you mean that it is incandescent-ish ? I don't think I could be more pleased with the tint of my E12; it's a neutral-ish cool white.

While we all have different preferences, mine is for the cool white of the D25A which has a total of 200 lumens to the E12's 130 lumens.

thinking.gif
Has Eagletac recently revised the driver in the D25A ? By the measurements of one of the members here, his E12 was brighter than the versions of the D25A twisty and clicky that he owns.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ime-graphs-compared-with-other-popular-lights

Last edited:

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Could you elaborate on the tint of your E12 ? By warm do you mean that it is incandescent-ish ? I don't think I could be more pleased with the tint of my E12; it's a neutral-ish cool white.

I'm not sure I'm using the right words, but my E12 emits a light that is "orange-ish". It looks different from a picture of a neutral cool white light I saw.

thinking.gif
Has Eagletac recently revised the driver in the D25A ? By the measurements of one of the members here, his E12 was brighter than the versions of the D25A twisty and clicky that he owns.

I'm not sure, you'll have to contact them. I own both the E12 and the D25A and that latter's lumens specs exceed that of the E12's.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ime-graphs-compared-with-other-popular-lights