So what are your long term Sunwayman V10R Impressions ?

persco

Enlightened
Anyone have a source in the US for a Nitecore EX10 clip? I saw the link above for UK, but it would be $14.41 delivered for just one clip to here in the US.

Actually maybe we should just beg Steve Ku to make some more of his Ti clips for the V10R... He seems to suggest it may be possible if he gets a critical mass of interest...

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually maybe we should just beg Steve Ku to make some more of his Ti clips for the V10R... He seems to suggest it may be possible if he gets a critical mass of interest...

Well, since I'm on a budget, and the fact the Ti clips are more than double the price of the EX10 I mentioned, I won't be able to get one. Guess $14.41 isn't a bad price at all for a clip. :)

Edit: It turned out to be $14.81 delivered, so not too bad for a rock solid clip.

Last edited:

Titanium81

Newly Enlightened
What type of metal are the EX10 Clips made out of?

Well, since I'm on a budget, and the fact the Ti clips are more than double the price of the EX10 I mentioned, I won't be able to get one. Guess $14.41 isn't a bad price at all for a clip. :)

Edit: It turned out to be $14.81 delivered, so not too bad for a rock solid clip.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
What type of metal are the EX10 Clips made out of?

Pretty sure they are stainless, but not positive. I have a D10 with a clip I carried EDC for almost 2 years and it appears to be stainless.

Edit: If not stainless, then at least nickel plated steel.

Last edited:

Titanium81

Newly Enlightened

We should start some type of running list of who is in on the "Ti Clip from Steve Ku".

That way it will be obvious how many people want these clips and maybe we could get something going. :)

AutoTech

Enlightened
The titanium clips are too rich for me. The ex10 clip is £3.95 over here.. I was going to go for the ex10 clip but I found one of my Klarus clips fitted. It's deep carry style (same as v10r clip) but looks better, is sturdier and is stainless finish rather than black. For me the colour of the clip was the worst bit, it was flimsy but don't think it's strengh would have been an issue for my use. The klarus clip is sturdier and looks nice, I'm happy with it.

Last edited:

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
The titanium clips are too rich for me. The ex10 clip is £3.95 over here.. I was going to go for the ex10 clip but I found one of my Klarus clips fitted. It's deep carry style (same as v10r clip) but looks better, is sturdier and is stainless finish rather than black. For me the colour of the clip was the worst bit, it was flimsy but don't think it's strengh would have been an issue for my use. The klarus clip is sturdier and looks nice, I'm happy with it.

Do you have a link where to get the ex10 clips? I tried here: Sales link removed which was suggested earlier in this thread, but everybody beat me to it as they are now out of stock and won't be getting any more. They had to refund my PayPal. Or maybe a source for the Klarus clip you are using so I might be able to find the same one.

Last edited by a moderator:

AutoTech

Enlightened
Do you have a link where to get the ex10 clips? I tried here: sales link removed which was suggested earlier in this thread, but everybody beat me to it as they are now out of stock and won't be getting any more. They had to refund my PayPal. Or maybe a source for the Klarus clip you are using so I might be able to find the same one.

Ledfiretorches.co.uk sell them too, slightly dearer (£4.95) but they ship world wide. The klarus clip I use is the st10 clip, but it's also the same as other klarus clips. I have the st10 and P1c and the clips are the same. The part that clips round the light is slightly wider and will need filing down to fit down flush in the groove of the v10r. I haven't filed mine down as it still fits fine, I will sort it (maybe tomorrow) and I'll post pics.

Last edited by a moderator:

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ledfiretorches.co.uk sell them too, slightly dearer (£4.95) but they ship world wide. The klarus clip I use is the st10 clip, but it's also the same as other klarus clips. I have the st10 and P1c and the clips are the same. The part that clips round the light is slightly wider and will need filing down to fit down flush in the groove of the v10r. I haven't filed mine down as it still fits fine, I will sort it (maybe tomorrow) and I'll post pics.

Thanks for the info! These clips are getting super-scarce it seems. I found some at tacticalleds.com and ordered 2 just to have a spare that I may use on other lights. Hopefully they are actually in stock. If they are not in stock, I just may order from the site you mentioned.

michaelramm

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies in this thread. I have just learned today (from LaymansLights) about the V10R and I am sold. I was leaning towards a Quark 123^2 Tactical, but I think that I am going to go with the V10R. It will be my first 'official' EDC lamp (i have carried cheapo keyring and pocket flashlights before), but I really wanted to find a quality flashlight for my pocket.

Look forward to soaking up this community, and learning more about the many flashlights out there.

Michael

Surnia

Newly Enlightened
Pretty sure they are stainless, but not positive. I have a D10 with a clip I carried EDC for almost 2 years and it appears to be stainless.

Edit: If not stainless, then at least nickel plated steel.

Think its nickel plated, mine started wearing pink which usually happens with nickel plated things I own.... it IS super solid though. I had the lanyard clip break for me, while the clip is still super solid and shows no signs of weakening.

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
I've had a V10R Ti for a little over a month now and I like so much I ordered V10R XM-L for one of my EDC lights.

When the Desert Series become available I will get one of those as well.

Ron

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far so good! I dropped my V10R somewhere around three, may be four times on asphalt and concrete and it hasn't skip a beat! I think it actually chipped the concrete, but it was dark so I can't be sure!

My contractor saw both EDC's I had on me last night. He was impressed and liked both, but really liked the control ring. So I ordered a V10R Ti and AA extender for him as a gift. I would have liked to purchase the other EDC I had on me (but a Rotary), but there's such a back log on orders. It'll never make it in time for his trip, so I bought this for him. Plus the AA extender IMO will work out better for him, since it's a readily available power source! However, I also purchased a 12 pack of Duracell CR123's to get him started!

And you can't forget his personal secretary (especially since she takes great care of me, ... OK guys, not in "THAT" way!) a JetBeam Stainless Steel E3S R4 for her as well!

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
@AZPops, wish I was your contractor! :)

Sent from my stock DROID X2 using Tapatalk.

LOL, he's a great person, and what do you get a friend who has (literally) everything! But a new toy/tool made out of Titanium! Would've been cool if I could've bought him a Rotary though, because I know he's gonna love my Rotary when it's made/arrives! But I'll let him buy that one himself!

Last edited:

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased a V10R Ti in the past, and just received a V10R Al for my father.

The V10R is an excellent light, most gorgeous, very compact size, a nice overhand grip [that only a HDS can better], and a great beam that can virtually match the much bigger and heavier RRT-0.
The reflector is a tad smaller than the RRT-0, thus giving a slightly larger, but fractionally less intense hotspot.
The less intense hot spot is well disguised because it is cool white [which makes it seem brighter than it really is].
It's reflector is a fraction shallower, thus giving a slightly wider spill than the RRT-0, for greater practicality.
It does heat up quickly, but no problems.

However:
The tail end clicky is still too stiff.
The magnetic ring is also too stiff - being lubricated by honey like a HDS Rotary!
This makes it esp difficult to use, since the magnetic ring is relatively too smooth to grip.
Sunway must improve here.
The user interface is a bit wanting...

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I just got mine back from modding a couple weeks ago and with the hCRI emitter giving it an incan tint and the lubricant having been replaced, it now turns very easily and my stock clicky is just perfect.

The disparity in our clickies makes me wonder if you got a bad one because mine could hardly be more perfect, but I really do wish for just a touch of raised knurling to help in finding the adjustment ring and offer a bit better grip.

Love being able to use in momentary mode, which describes probably 90% of my flashlight usage.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Judging by some of these photos, it looks like Sunwayman is listening to many of our requests. The M11R is the update to the M10R. It has a good looking clip, and looks like the control ring is V20C style with off position and knurling for grip. Hopefully soon they'll do a V11R.