Sofirn C01 Potted AAA w High CRI

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me too. Mine never showed up. I was refunded but with no warning whatsoever a substantial amount of time later

Johnnyh

Enlightened
All I can say is that the site claims that they will ship within 5 days...I'm just taking it at face value...but I should add a disclaimer! Use at your own risk! I make no recommendations or as to the veracity of Ali Express or The Sofirn Store! I've gotten stuff from them without incident but maybe I got lucky (?).
(I got some BLF C01 lights from this source back back in 2018 and some C01 S in March 2019 and had no problems other than it took a looooong time...like weeks...)

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually the stores on aliexpress are pretty good. One bad interaction I had won't make me quit using them. Should have said that in the above post.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Usually the stores on aliexpress are pretty good. One bad interaction I had won't make me quit using them. Should have said that in the above post.

No, all good! I'm never all that comfy with ordering stuff direct from China. It always feels like a crap shoot...Chinese "tracking" has never really worked for me (not like I'm used to). We shall see!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Burgess

Flashaholic
I had one * BAD * experience
with Ali Express 18 months ago,
and told myself: " NEVER AGAIN " !

< just sayin' >

(and it was for the Original Sofirn C01 lights)

:hairpull: :hairpull: :hairpull:
_

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I see no Sofirn C01 even listed on Aliexpress and on the Sofirn site, none are shown as in stock.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Sent you a link via PM...
From what I gather, this is equipped with a Sophia 5mm 3400k 95 CRI led and not potted as the original was. Supposedly the company felt that the construction/design makes potting not worth the cost/ benefit.

VladimirT

Newly Enlightened
This test does not provide an objective indication of reliability.
It looks impressive, but it captures the essence

Johnnyh

Enlightened
The Sofirn Store on Ali now states there are 565 units available. Whether that's true or not...I don't know...for me, I will take them on their word. If my trust is misplaced, I'll deal with it. Hope not!

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I hear you...on the bright side, it can be easily modded with other 5mm LED's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bykfixer

Flashaholic
There was a potential group buy for empty C01 bodies at that forum whose platform is inexpensive lights but I don't know that it ever came to fruition. I had an alert set up for whenever a post took place on the thread and have not gotten an alert it a long time.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a potential group buy for empty C01 bodies at that forum whose platform is inexpensive lights but I don't know that it ever came to fruition. I had an alert set up for whenever a post took place on the thread and have not gotten an alert it a long time.

Last I saw on the main C01 thread over there was they weren't going to do the hosts.