Spyderco 'Salt' series folding knives

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Pacific Salt that gets no mercy. I like that you can see the part of the handle that protrudes from my pocket as the yellow has faded from being in the sunlight. Haha.

IMG_0350_zpswfqiawi6.jpg

IMG_0351_zpsm19gbuka.jpg
YA, they fade sitting on my desk, so do the orange delicas.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Salt Ladybug has rust on the etched '1' :mad: . Not happy.

*contacted spyderco and was told that some surface rust can happen but it won't penetrate into the blade and can be wiped away with a light abrasive cleaner.

Last edited:

CaptainPicard

Newly Enlightened
I've had a Dragonfly 2 Salt for a year and a half and it's been awesome. Cleaned it once after dropping it in mud, and run water through it after a day near the ocean. Other than that it looks new other than some dirt in the handle and a scratch on the blade (my fault not the knife's)

Godolphin

Newly Enlightened
I bought the yellow folding Salt serrated knife at the Dema scuba diving show.
Great for taking on dives and no rust yet but I have seen some negative feedback concerning rust.
But so far so good for me, so I recommend it.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have to contact spyderco again as the pivot pin for the blade is coming out. Looks like the fastener on one side is missing. The other side still has a screw head there but I don't recall if there was one on the other side too. At least I caught it before the knife fell apart while on the water.

*got a replacement screw and some loctite from spyderco, apparently some knives go out without anything on the screws so it happens.

Last edited:

colubrid

Enlightened
Salt series are the best and most unusual folding knives because they can be left dirty, sticky and will never rust if left in water.

Best bang for the buck k nife youwill own

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Tasman salt that I've used for years when kayaking (sea and fresh water). It stays clipped to my PFD. Great little knifes IMHO. A must-have around water.

Latest posts