Hi, looking for assistance in finding my perfect EDC light. Here's my utopia:

- AAA
- Stainless steel
- Clicky
- Anti-roll design
- Can tail stand
- 80+ lumens

Is my utopia light out there?

I realize that clicky and being able to tail stand don't really coexist in a single light, so the tail standing capability is the one thing I would forgo if I had to, but I'd rather not if I had my way.

Any thoughts? I have an E05SS but I now know I hate twisty. My LD02 is a damn nice light but isn't stainless and doesn't tail stand. All my other lights are too large to EDC.

Thanks everyone.

BAreEhD

Newly Enlightened
I should specify that I'm only interested in a SINGLE AAA light. Sorry for missing that in the OP.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you considered that Stainless Steel is heavy and a very poor heat conducter. If you'd consider Ti the I think the EagleTac D25A Ti Clicky ticks all of your boxes.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bangood has a stainless steel tail standing clickie AAA.
Not allowed to post link, you can go to bangood dot com and search for "DQG Cree XP-G2 R51A 5C Stainless Steel AAA Mini LED Flashlight"

I don't have one but the two reviews of it are good, it's out of stock now more expected Dec 22.

BAreEhD

Newly Enlightened
Have you considered that Stainless Steel is heavy and a very poor heat conducter. If you'd consider Ti the I think the EagleTac D25A Ti Clicky ticks all of your boxes.

I actually prefer the weight of stainless steel, and I also like it for its ability to resist scratches. Ti scratches fairly easily, and the D25A is an AA light - I'm looking for AAA.

Bangood has a stainless steel tail standing clickie AAA.
Not allowed to post link, you can go to bangood dot com and search for "DQG Cree XP-G2 R51A 5C Stainless Steel AAA Mini LED Flashlight"

I don't have one but the two reviews of it are good, it's out of stock now more expected Dec 22.

That one looks really close... my only reservation is that it doesn't have anything to prevent rolling. Also what does "Two color bin 1A Cool White light and 4A Netural White" mean? I would perfer the neutral white.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Banggood light is mislabeled and is not the DQG. Check CNQuality for the DQG model.

Both lights are available in different tints - cool white or neutral white.

Trevilux

Enlightened
XP-G2 mini aaa
It is not the same (cnq and banggood, but both offered the "same" result....) I have reviewed the cnq versión. You really can buy where you prefer. I use a clip for aaa, and its perfect not antirroling flashlight with it.

Trevilux

Enlightened
I talked about this mini aaa from cnquality

1999_G_1402976324594.jpg

and this mini aaa from banggood

VsGp49V.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
DGQ or ABC :laughing: its a pretty good light imho for the money,3 mode,quite bright too . As mentioned ,the DGQ AAA clip is perfect and a great anti-roll

spy/ss?/e05ss

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Bangmegood neutral AAA light has a nice beam profile, but run time sucks ***. A fully charged Eneloop lasts about 15 minutes on "high". Waiting on a 2-mode DQG. Hopefully, it will be better.

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast

BAreEhD

Newly Enlightened
The one on the left is the "real" DQG Slim SS AAA Clicky.
The one on the right is the Mini AAA clicky (made by BTU who distributes DQG).
The one on the right is very good in all but one respect,
the run times are not good.

Here is the exciting part.
The DQG AAA Slim SS NW clicky is still on sale for $15.99!

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...0-Stainless-Steel-EDC-Flashlight-15-99(NW-CW)

15353958918_5aea2e6156_n.jpg
That is an exciting price, however that link doesn't work for me - Tapatalk tells me I don't have permission, even though I am a member of CPF Marketplace.

Can you please tell me where I can get it for that price?

Thanks!

Last edited:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
i went to the links in the cpfmp post and it shows price of 32$. i cant try the promo code without logging in, and dont want to do that unless it really works. so if someone who has a login codes to that site could verify it is still available for cheaper? i will buy one or two of the neutral ones if the discount/promo code still works.