Summary:what was your 3 best flashlights purchases for year 2016?

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome lights everyone! I haven't bought many this year. Early this year (I think) I won a Fenix TK09 (2015 version) which is a great basic general outdoor light. It was my favorite EDC for most of the year.

For Christmas I received an Olight s2r Baton which is now my favorite EDC due to its small size. It won't replace the TK09 for general outdoor use due providing less throw though. I'm really loving the Olight design and am tempted to get an r50vn at some point. We'll see.

I also bought a Nitecore TIP CRI but I'm a bit disappointed with it. I might take it off my keychain and give it away to someone else in the family.

Haven't been able to get out much in the second half of 2016 unfortunately so hopefully 2017 will be a more active year for light enjoyment! Really need to break out the old TK75vnkt sometime again too and let it stretch its legs! Have only been using the two 18650-based lights mentioned above along with my headlamp for the most part this year.

Loomun

Newly Enlightened
Best 3 purchases ? Well, I only bought 2 in 2016, yeah I know I`m slacking off.

One was the Govolt G5 and the other was a Govolt U5, they both have their purpose and are well built, quality lights, made in the USA.

I did buy a few Lanterns in 2016 but the thread says flashlights

tops2

Enlightened
2016 is the first full year for this hobby. But feels like the lights I'll mention is not in the same class as a lot of lights mentioned here!

1. Zebralight H600Fd - My favorite this year. Love the headlamp + clip as its so versatile and easy for my to take out and clip back on. Nice floody, high CRI beam. Its my most used indoor light. Its a bit lacking in throw though..which is why I ended up buying the next light I'm mentioning.
2. Zebralight SC62w - I only received this a few days ago before the new year is up. Nice pocket EDC light. Nice and floody enough, that throws far enough for me. Tint isn't as nice as my Zebralight SC5w as my SC62w has a slightly yellowish hotspot at all levels (except H1), but its only really noticeable when white wall hunting or indoors. But during outdoor use, its surprisingly pleasant to me.
3. Olight S1 - I love the size/weight vs output of this light. I just love the feel of this light. The nice big hotspot from the TIR lens is really useful. The thing is outside of pocket EDC, I rarely use this light since I have lights with color temperature, tints and CRI that I like better. But I still love this light.