Super bright single-LED red, and blue flashlights?

Karel

Newly Enlightened
I'm putting together a lighting effect for an arts show. In the past I've used red and blue lasers. But this new show will run for a month and I can't be there all the time. Lasers are a hazard. They likely wouldn't last a month anyway!

So I'm looking for alternatives - powerful red and blue point sources.

I bought one of these on eBay and was impressed by the color purity, and the rather excellent optics. A big surprise. But it's not quite bright enough.
Screen-Shot-2020-01-08-at-13-08-34.jpg

(Why has that pic come out so huge?)

Is there anything that's brighter? There must be!

For this particular application (where a soft image of the originating source is formed) it needs to be a single LED rather than a cluster, one being pure red and one blue. A light with RGB LEDs won't be as bright (two thirds will be off) and will be too big. I've found using colored gels with a white LED produces a feeble light.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :eek:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagtac T25C2. This particular light has many user replacable LED upgrade drop ins. They come with your choice of standard modules. The main benefit is that YOU can screw out the drop in and replace it with a red drop in, blue drop in, multi led red drop ins and more. This is the only flashlight that has this novel feature. I currently have their short range bright red[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
[/FONT] drop in module in my T25C2. Not exactly the cheapest but this model has drop in modules that will do anything you want.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]eagtac.com/html/t25c2/index.html
[/FONT]