• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Surefire® Modification Service: Bore + Bezel + Tailcap Options (P, C, Z and M Series)

jwyj

Enlightened
Re: 18mm Bore Services: Surefire® P, C, and Z series

Hi Dan,
You have added my name twice (see below) , please remove the B17.

borebatch - B6 - Z2 - $21 jwyj *

borebatch - B17 - Z2 - jwyj •Paid•

Thanks.

LightJunk

Enlightened

Hi Dan,

Can you bore an A2 for me? Primary cells are heavy on the pocket.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

Hey I have a nice and mint, rare PK U2 body here, any thoughts on boring it?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Update: All bodies received, recorded, cleaned, and otherwise prepped. Boring is scheduled for this week.

Hey I have a nice and mint, rare PK U2 body here, any thoughts on boring it?

We've not looked at the U2's yet. Lets get through a few other models first. Up for evaluation this week, the Z3.

tundratrader

Enlightened

I think my Dad mbrown wants to add his 6Z and his M3 we talked about to the bore list. If you dont think the M3 will work no biggie.

Thanks,
Zach

seale_navy

Enlightened

electronguru,

I am just curious whether you provide boring service for surefire e2e to fit it in a AW 17670 battery?

I dont have a surefire e2e before. Im just curious whether its possible so one day I might be able to save up for a surefire e2e since incandescent is nice and buying a surefire led torch would mean the led is obsolete by next year I guess. haha

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

I am just curious whether you provide boring service for surefire e2e to fit it in a AW 17670 battery?

Sorry, our services are currently limited to C/P/Z series lights. We prefer doing complimentary upgrades and the E series lacks the simple modular design that makes P60 upgrades so popular. By the time an upgrade is worth doing, it basically has a whole new head, increasing costs and loosing appeal.

Newly Enlightened

since I don't have the permission for PMs yet I post my question:

is it possible for people from europe (I'm from Germany) to sign up on the next batch? :confused:
I'm asking because shipping may take up to 1-2weeks or with bad luck even more and I want to avoid delays (because of the long shipping time) for the others.

Although you stated in the first post not to send the lights unless you say so is it possible to send them as early as possible so you have them in time when the next batch starts ?

btw will there be a few more bored gray C2-bodys in the ready to ship thread in the near future?

cheers,
Yannic

Winx

Newly Enlightened

is it possible for people from europe (I'm from Germany) to sign up on the next batch? :confused:
I'm asking because shipping may take up to 1-2weeks or with bad luck even more and I want to avoid delays (because of the long shipping time) for the others.

You'll have enough of time.

I sent my two 6P bodies from Finland in registered mail and it took about a week.

Newly Enlightened

You'll have enough of time.

I sent my two 6P bodies from Finland in registered mail and it took about a week.

thanks

well, then (if ElectronGuru hasn't anything against it) :
:takeit:
cpf :1301
borebatch - C5 - C2 for 21$
Worldwide - 1st Class envelope, $8

(if the mcclicky upgraded Tailcaps are ready till the borebatch is closed I would take one in grey too)

Yannic

Last edited:

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Having just qualified the Z2, next up is the Z3 and then the M3. We do one at a time and each model can take 2-3 months to qualify.

Hi, ElectronGuru. After you have run your tests, I would be interested in having an M3 and an A19 bored. Thanks! :popcorn:

mbrown

Newly Enlightened

I have an older 6Z (non hex head era). Can it be bored? If so please put me on the current reservation list and I will send it to my son and he can send it in with his C2.

Thanks

Michael

Gatsby

Enlightened

CPF: Gatsby
borebatch - C6 - 6PL - $16
All US (50 states) - USPS 1st class w/confirmation, $4
total $20.00

and i'm also in for either a mcclicky kit or upgrade!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

is it possible for people from europe (I'm from Germany) to sign up on the next batch?

btw will there be a few more bored gray C2-bodys in the ready to ship thread in the near future?

I generally launch a batch with a 1-2 window, so you should be fine.

I underestimated demand for gray C2's (again) and am not able to resupply soon. I hope to have a bunch ready by the time batch C is ready for return shipment. By then, you could combine your orders, with one shipping charge.

Black HA C'2s will be ready much sooner.

After you have run your tests, I would be interested in having an M3 and an A19 bored. Thanks! :popcorn:

We have A19's coming soon to the bored host thread and hope to add A19's here, starting with batch C or D. Stay tuned.

Our Z3 test went well, so Z3's and M3's are now available for bore batch C. See post 1

I have an older 6Z (non hex head era). Can it be bored? If so please put me on the current reservation list and I will send it to my son and he can send it in with his C2.

We hope to test 6Zs and 9Zs during batch C, making them generally available for service with batch D.

If you like, you may send the 6Z in before this is ready and we will return it unbored if it proves to risky.

borebatch - C5 - C2 for 21$
(if the mcclicky upgraded Tailcaps are ready till the borebatch is closed I would take one in grey too)

borebatch - C6 - 6PL - $16
and i'm also in for either a mcclicky kit or upgrade!

Reservations recorded.

We hope to have McClicky's ready in time for batch C.
Tailcaps sent along with bodies will receive free installation.

Last edited:

switchoff

Newly Enlightened

What's the turn-around time from when you receive our body to when you ship them back out to us?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

What's the turn-around time from when you receive our body to when you ship them back out to us?

Batch A was 4 weeks from the initial invitations to shipment of the finished bodies. Batch B looks to be a bit under 4 weeks from initial invitations.

Figure a little over a week to receive them all, so a little under 3 weeks from receipt of last participant.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Batch C10- SF M3 body 18mm bored $23
+1 McClicky switch for Z41 $20
1st class CONUS $4 (if I can combine shipping)

Total- $47

Last edited: