Surefire Arc-2 HID

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks really cool, but I wonder why did SF bother to develop such mounting system... that is definitely the least cost-effective choice for bike lighting... :broke:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks really cool, but I wonder why did SF bother to develop such mounting system... that is definitely the least cost-effective choice for bike lighting... :broke:

SureFire has been promoting these lights all over social media for a while now, attached to different vehicles. It looks like that's going to be part of their marketing for military use - the ability to be used handheld or mounted to a vehicle. I don't think they are planning to move into the sport bike lighting market.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire had both of their ARC lights on their Web site without prices for a while, but I see they have now removed the lights. I wonder if they ran into production issues and will be pushing out their September launch?

It's too late for a September launch but they are back on the site again . . . with prices.

ARC-2 $2820
ARC-3 $1300

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, they are back on the site again, this time with a few twists. The model numbers have been tweaked and a standalone ARC2 head is listed. They are still marked as not yet available.

ARC2 Ultra-High Single Output head $1500 (This is the head only)

ARC2-8C Ultra-High Single-Output 4500 lumens with 80 minute capacity rechargeable battery handle $2820

ARC3 Ultra-High Single-Output 4500 lumens $1300 (Was 2000 lumens. Maybe a typo?)

bulbmogul

Enlightened
$2820 for 4500 Lumens vrs about $2500 for 7500 Lumens and two power levels for a Xeray LeMax. Not a difficult decision for me.
Its not a difficult decision for me neither as it will be the Surefire..

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
ARC3 Ultra-High Single-Output 4500 lumens $1300 (Was 2000 lumens. Maybe a typo?)

That's interesting. 4500lm would actually make a lot more sense for a light of this size and only 50 mins runtime. It looks to be using 6 x 18650 in the handle compared to the ARC-2 8C which presumably uses 8 x 18650 and has 80 mins runtime. If this is the case then the ARC-3 is looking better all the time and at less than half the price of the ARC-2 is a real "bargain".

I'm getting really bored of seeing all these new compact LED flood monster/ hand burner lights so the ARC-3 is a breath of fresh air. We'll have to wait and see what the actual price ends up being when it goes on sale (probably 2015).

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
That's interesting. 4500lm would actually make a lot more sense for a light of this size and only 50 mins runtime. It looks to be using 6 x 18650 in the handle compared to the ARC-2 8C which presumably uses 8 x 18650 and has 80 mins runtime. If this is the case then the ARC-3 is looking better all the time and at less than half the price of the ARC-2 is a real "bargain".

I'm getting really bored of seeing all these new compact LED flood monster/ hand burner lights so the ARC-3 is a breath of fresh air. We'll have to wait and see what the actual price ends up being when it goes on sale (probably 2015).
Prices are already listed on the SF Website and looks like 1st of November. Arc-2 for me..I wonder how much more the 120min battery will cost over the 80 min one?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love to have one, but I can't just own one light only, so I'd have to purchase 2.

I want to be able to use one for a week or so before plunking down $1500 for one torch much less 3K for two.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should consider as well, the XeRay XV-LX70 (50/70 watt) from XeVision (a USA company). About 7500 lumens on the high setting. It has an equally high build quality and it produces far more lumens than either of these you mentioned. Some well respected members here have tested it, with outstanding results. I am sure someone will comment.
Also it is in serial production NOW.

Whom sells these on the retail level? Dealers?

Sorry, I missed this question quite some time ago. Back in August of this year, in this thread.
You can only buy directly from the USA manufacturer (XeVision) for North American Markets etc. (American Continents).
For European markets, you can contact Lemax (Czech mfg.) directly.

At this time XeVision does not sell through dealers. In the future that could change.
XeVision is the manufacturer of the ballast electronics used for the USA builds, as well as the ballast in the Czech builds.
The Electroformed reflectors are also of USA origin in both locations. The bulbs are ALL (both locations) of European origins, not ASIAN made.

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Anyone think this will be on the shelves before Christmas 2014..? Just love the look of this beast..