Surefire Arc-2 HID

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any scoop on when these might be forsale in USA..?

Vaporware from Surefire, is my bet. That's often been the case with surefire, on very limited market items.

Way behind the "power curve"(watts) and even later to market, They are at least a few years behind the curve on this product.
I doubt they can ever recapture a leadership position, in this very limited market niche.

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
No offence but given that you have been promoting your light in the thread of a competing product how seriously do you expect us to take you?

The UDR Dominator was in "prototype" phase for as long if not longer than the Arc-2/3 and it was eventually released. And considering the fact that SureFire has recently updated their website with new photos of the Arc-2/3 with several design improvements I'm actually a lot more hopeful that the Arc-2/3 will one day be released. A lot more hopeful than I was with the UDR Dominator, that's for sure. This is also not counting the several changes in specifications SureFire had committed to the light over the past twelve months.

Also while the Arc-3 is lower in output versus the XeRay it is also proportionately lower in price. Just because someone is able to spend USD 1,300.00 (MSRP) on a light doesn't mean they're willing to spend almost twice that on another product even if the other product is twice as good, simplistically speaking.

All very valid points on your part, time will tell.
The market is so small for such products, its doubtful they will make a "batch" without a large order from somewhere. When and if that happens, they will make extras to sell to the public.

I have been with CPF for a very long time, actually longer than 2006 actually 2005. I have always stated my views irrespective of them appearing to be self promoting, I state my opinions as such and then also state facts as such. Those who have been here a long time know that. I try very hard to be fair.

How they claim "Ultra High" output is beyond me, both of those lights are only 45 watt HID. There have been 50 watt units available from others for many years. if that's Ultra high output, then what is 50 watt or even more-so 70 or even 80 watt HID. Well for that performance and build quality (ARC-3 compared to the 2). There are better options out there. Cost to utility and quality factors at less than 20% of that cost. Firefoxes FF4 case in point, for less than $300 can be had. Seems like the most bang for the buck and 60 watts for 3 minutes before it throttles back. The XeVision XeRay, even the 35/50 model will outperform either of the ARC units on every single spec point. The ARC 2 is more expensive than our 50/70 including their battery and the battery price is nothing short of outrageous. $1300 for just the battery.

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
No offence but given that you have been promoting your light in the thread of a competing product how seriously do you expect us to take you?

The UDR Dominator was in "prototype" phase for as long if not longer than the Arc-2/3 and it was eventually released. And considering the fact that SureFire has recently updated their website with new photos of the Arc-2/3 with several design improvements I'm actually a lot more hopeful that the Arc-2/3 will one day be released. A lot more hopeful than I was with the UDR Dominator, that's for sure. This is also not counting the several changes in specifications SureFire had committed to the light over the past twelve months.

Also while the Arc-3 is lower in output versus the XeRay it is also proportionately lower in price. Just because someone is able to spend USD 1,300.00 (MSRP) on a light doesn't mean they're willing to spend almost twice that on another product even if the other product is twice as good, simplistically speaking.
Pocketrocket, I concur with you and everytime I ask about the Surefire Arc2 . I get some spew about other lights. if I wanted to buy other lights I would.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pocketrocket, I concur with you and every time I ask about the Surefire Arc2 . I get some spew about other lights. if I wanted to buy other lights I would.

There is no point in asking when its gonna be available, when its for sale you will likely be one of the first to know. And can buy it and announce your purchase here.

Ever since PK left (a few years ago) Surefire and his expertise with it, things have not been the same and likely never will be again, he was the primary creativity behind Surefire.
When he left, much of the brand loyalty he had developed, left with him. A lot of people here knew him and respected him.

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
There is no point in asking when its gonna be available, when its for sale you will likely be one of the first to know. And can buy it and announce your purchase here.

Ever since PK left (a few years ago) Surefire and his expertise with it, things have not been the same and likely never will be again, he was the primary creativity behind Surefire.
When he left, much of the brand loyalty he had developed, left with him. A lot of people here knew him and respected him.
Yes I sure do look forward to owning one and ofcoarse pictures of it on here would be posted. Dont others post pictures of there new lights?

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Just got off of the phone with Surefire and they hd told me this flashlight will be shipping and some of the big dealers will have them within 2 weeks. Whom is considered the large dealers or dealers whom may carry this light?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got off of the phone with Surefire and they hd told me this flashlight will be shipping and some of the big dealers will have them within 2 weeks. Whom is considered the large dealers or dealers whom may carry this light?

I'd say a dealer like B&H Photovideo will be among the first to receive the shipment.

bulbmogul

Enlightened
I'd say a dealer like B&H Photovideo will be among the first to receive the shipment.
Yes I have already signed up on there notify list when they get them in stock. Is anyone else here in Flashlight Land waiting to snag one of these lights..?

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picked up my UDR Dominator from Optics Planet. They will probably have them also. If I was not so happy with my Dominator I'd think about the ARC-2. Would like to compare the 2 for sure.

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Any idea which model specifically they were referring to? The Arc-2 or Arc-3?

Cheers!
I had inquired pertaining to the Arc2 Kit.. I also just noticed on B&H website that they have finally listed a price and it is $300.00 then whats listed on Surefire Site.. Sweet..

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Just checked the Surefire Website and they have removed the words "Not availible yet" with "Call to Order" Does that mean I can get one today Friday..? To early to call them but this looks promising

bulbmogul

Enlightened
UPDATE on Arc2 Just received a email from B&H Photo in NYC stating that these should be in within 7 to 14 days and place your order now..:)

bulbmogul

Enlightened
By the looks of B&H Website, 21st of July is still scheduled date on these. Anyone have any pictures of the box and packaging these will come in? I been waiting for this light for almost 2 years now and I am ready...!