SureFire E-Series Addicts Unite!

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ever since Tana introduced his E-Series TripLED modification I really liked them more and more. Before that I considered them pretty cool but rather useless collectibles and used the Surefire 2cell lights like the L5 or C2 much more. Nowadays I never take the larger lights with me anymore.

You can click on the image for a larger resolution version.

Can you post some close up picture of the Aleph tailcaps with oveready clips? I did a similar thing with a Arisaka tailcap.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
the tailcaps are rpm?
Yes, these are RPM tailcaps: 5x natural, 1x black and 1x Ti (heat anodized to a pretty good match to Surefire´s HA....for Ti at least).

Nice lineup. Does the Aleph 19 also have a TripLED?.
The A19s are the only empty heads. The will end up with a Tana Aleph light engine later this year.

Can you post some close up picture of the Aleph tailcaps with oveready clips? I did a similar thing with a Arisaka tailcap.
Here´s a link to some pictures I posted about 2 1/2 years ago: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...s-amp-Aleph-lights-(McGizmo-Oveready-MAC%B4s)

Eric

Last edited:

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
My newest addiction..

5cff8dcac4bb75381706b6f6d366f4f7.jpg

9b98a54eb2e5874cd6d4e01074b4efce.jpg

Or in a 16650 configuration:

895acf130f8e36471ee01376ca3ab903.jpg

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oveready (TnC?) Custom Knurled E Series Shrouded Tailcap

This is the Oveready (TnC?) custom knurled e-series shrouded tailcap in titanium.

E2e_1_zpsvys3xuul.jpg

Incandescent Surefire E2e with Tad Customs e-series bi pin adaptor and 200 Lumen bulb (2x LiIon).

E2e_2_zpsihmuo3ya.jpg

E2e_3_zpsd6ovxojt.jpg

And here with my othe two lights. Surefire M4 Incan (Tad Customs bi pin adaptor) and Peak Eiger.

E2e_4_zpspuyojfv2.jpg

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey SF E-Series Addicts, guys... what is a good alternative pocket clip for the E2D/E1D? I find the factory clip not so up to the job when clipped on thicker fabric like jeans. :shakehead

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My first one arrived today.

EB1c. Probably not my last "E"

Not bad at all.

Now I understand why you guys dig these so much.

Holy crap! You gotta be kidding me!!
That's only 200 lumens?

Last edited:

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello fellow E series addicts.
I came here for a vent basically. I just refrained from posting a rant in a sales thread.
The story is that I keep seeing sales threads for E series mods, the incan head type, and every time I cringe at the unsealed heads that don't seat all the way down and bodies bored in a scary fashion that look like they'd break in half with a stiff breeze. Every time I see these sales posts it's the same thing, like driving past a car accident. Can't help but think this guy just keeps destroying discontinued great lights.
Such a shame when there's guys out there, one in particular doing such great work with SF mods.
End rant.

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
This also bothers me... Sometime I see them and like the specs but I just can't see it being useful to me if I can't use it outdoors.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
F89, would you be more specific regarding your problems with E series lights? Which ones gave you a problem? Not trolling here?

Bill

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
F89, would you be more specific regarding your problems with E series lights? Which ones gave you a problem? Not trolling here?

Bill

Hi Bill,

I love SF, particularly E series. My problem was with certain sales threads of modded lights that to me are a destroyed light.
I'm all for a well modded light but as I noted in my post above the mods in question aren't good. I think mk2rocco knows which posts I'm talking about?
Anyway, didn't want to name and shame and on that note I'll name and fame instead, Tana is an excellent modder of SF who creates a product of high quality, durability, functionality and in the end really does justice to the transformed SF.
To answer your question Bill, none of the offending modded lights gave me a problem personally as I wouldn't touch one with a 40 foot clown pole.

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, there are some in the Customs and modified section. Tana do do amazing work, I have 2 Oveready E-series triples that are also outstanding.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF E3e with Turbo Head. Exterior is stock, interior modded by McGizmo :D :D :D

MCRedeye04.jpg

I've never seen this picture. The E-Series Turbo head is very very nice but the E3e is too long to my taste. Who made this prototype? Surefire? It is pity it never came into production.

labrat

Enlightened
An old E-type Rothandir 18650 body with Surefire head and tail, and Tad's or fivemega Bi-pin holder and incan bulb, more than enough for use outdoors a dark evening:

4_zpsdwgvzndz.jpg

Last edited:

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
An old E-type Rothandir 18650 body with Surefire head and tail, and...fivemega Bi-pin holder and incan bulb...

I've got one of these too, currently with 2x18350 and a TL-3 bulb. With this setup, the brass contact plug was protruding too far to let the bezel screw all the way down, so I temporarily replaced it with a micro-wad of aluminum foil, which has enough 'give' to let me close the bezel gap. The grooves were just a little too 'slippery' for my taste, so I wrapped some skateboard tape around the body, which means that you want to think about which pockets you want to try to pocket carry this light with.

Panic!

Newly Enlightened
Greetings, Gentlemen. Could you advise me, please, analogue to the tailcap SF Z61? I'm looking for black tailcap, similar to Z61 for e1d...
Thanks!

Jose Marin

Enlightened
I have a black lumens factory tail cap for my e1d and it works and looks great. You can get them in twisty or clicky but they look more like z41 instead of z61

Latest posts