SureFire EDC1-DFT and EDC2-DFT

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
So.....this is the kicker...I contacted SF, and was told that the light was so new that they sold out with no ETA on when they will receive more lights...Receive is an interesting word, considering SF does its own manufacturing...Regardless, I was told that there is no way to warranty the light, and if i sent it in, the wait would be two months, minimum, for a possible replacement to be sent.

leng

Newly Enlightened
So.....this is the kicker...I contacted SF, and was told that the light was so new that they sold out with no ETA on when they will receive more lights...Receive is an interesting word, considering SF does its own manufacturing...Regardless, I was told that there is no way to warranty the light, and if i sent it in, the wait would be two months, minimum, for a possible replacement to be sent.
Just my .02

'Receive' might mean available stock to be able to be sold or RMA'd.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
SureFire out sources the anodize these days so maybe that's what they meant.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Wow...... What the hell happened to SureFire?
This sort of $#&% never occurred back when PK was there.
If that's their attitude, I'm waiting until the start of the new year.
I'll pick up my EDC1-DFT after you fellas are done Beta testing that first batch. No offense guys.

scalpel_ninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the light was purchased from an authorized dealer, would the dealer be willing to send you an exchange light?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If the light was purchased from an authorized dealer, would the dealer be willing to send you an exchange light?
A refund, at best. These new SureFires sell out too quickly for a dealer to exchange a defective DFT for another one.

scalpel_ninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've received my EDC2-DFT today. I do have positive first impressions. Aside from the (generally) great fit and finish of SureFires, the light carries well in the pocket. The head is not as large as I'd imagined. Perhaps it does help that it's on a two cell body. Photos of the one cell really makes that head stick out. Beam is super tight with decent useful spill. The low is lower than I had expected, a nice surprise too. Here it is compared to the AVS head, HC head on a Charlie body, and U2.

IMG_1378.jpeg

Some have said it'll Lego with other DFT bodies, so I'm planning to dip my toes in the Modlite platform to compare with the PLHv2 and OKW.

hamhanded

Enlightened
How's the throw compared to the 300 lumen EB1? That seemed the throwiest 1-cell LED E-series before.

akula88

Enlightened
I've received my EDC2-DFT today. I do have positive first impressions. Aside from the (generally) great fit and finish of SureFires, the light carries well in the pocket. The head is not as large as I'd imagined. Perhaps it does help that it's on a two cell body. Photos of the one cell really makes that head stick out. Beam is super tight with decent useful spill. The low is lower than I had expected, a nice surprise too. Here it is compared to the AVS head, HC head on a Charlie body, and U2.

How wider is the DFT body over the U2?
I'm using bored U2 body with an OR P60 head adapter and can host selected unprotected 18350s.

I felt that the 6P was too wide for me, so I always stayed with the E2 platform and the U2 was the 'widest' for my front POCKET carry. :)

scalpel_ninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
How wider is the DFT body over the U2?
I'm using bored U2 body with an OR P60 head adapter and can host selected unprotected 18350s.

I felt that the 6P was too wide for me, so I always stayed with the E2 platform and the U2 was the 'widest' for my front POCKET carry. :)
Compared to the U2, the EDC2 is slimmer in all aspects.

IMG_1380.jpeg

tango44

Enlightened
Just receive mine and it's kind of disappointing such a big light for a 18350 batt.
Here are some pics compared to my trusty Modlite 18350.
EDC1 DFT.jpg

I changed the heads between these two and both combinatios works.
ED1 DFT 2.jpg

It´s kind of big for pocket carry. I will compare it tonight with my Modlites and we will see, also will test the runtime that can be the only advantage against Modlite...

Attachments

• ED1 DFT 2.jpg
    ED1 DFT 2.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 69
  • EDC1 DFT.jpg
    EDC1 DFT.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 74