SureFire EDC1-DFT and EDC2-DFT

scalpel_ninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just receive mine and it's kind of disappointing such a big light for a 18350 batt.
Here are some pics compared to my trusty Modlite 18350.
View attachment 49530

I changed the heads between these two and both combinatios works.
View attachment 49531

It´s kind of big for pocket carry. I will compare it tonight with my Modlites and we will see, also will test the runtime that can be the only advantage against Modlite...
I've ordered a blem OKW head from Modlite and a HOG body with adapter. I wonder how it'll look with the EDC2 head on the larger body.

akula88

Enlightened
Just receive mine and it's kind of disappointing such a big light for a 18350 batt.
Here are some pics compared to my trusty Modlite 18350.

I changed the heads between these two and both combinatios works.
View attachment 49531

It´s kind of big for pocket carry. I will compare it tonight with my Modlites and we will see, also will test the runtime that can be the only advantage against Modlite...

The 18350 DFT body is really sweet!

To bad there is no small/medium -HA head that can match the -HA finish

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The 18350 DFT body is really sweet!

To bad there is no small/medium -HA head that can match the -HA finish
I might have even been interested in the 18350 capability if the new tube would mate with the older E-series heads.

E1L with 18350 would make a great little two level light even better.

tango44

Enlightened
Here are some pics other pics to compare size and to answer some questions:
Yes the Modlite head works fine on the EDC1 body and viceversa.

EDC1 head does not work on old E series.
EDC1 head gets hot but you can handle extended periods of time with the light on.
edc size 1.jpg

edc size 2.jpg

I don't think I will keep this light; it is too big compared with my trusty Modlites to EDC on my pocket.
I will sell it or trade it for another Modlite that IMHO is superior to SF.

Enlightened
I don't think I will keep this light; it is too big compared with my trusty Modlites to EDC on my pocket.
I will sell it or trade it for another Modlite that IMHO is superior to SF.
I wish it was the same form factor as the modlites because I really like the Hi / low with no memory. The size really seems excessive, I wish it was easy to open up to see what exactly is taking up so much space in there. There is a dual stage sort of spring to ensure it works with shorter primary 123s which im sure contributes to the length somewhat, but that cant be all of it.

I like the light though, but I would be pretty pissed if mine was defective out of the box with no hope for replacement so that is frustrating to read.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I saw a EDC1 DFT on the bay for 175, looked brand new. I guess the problem for me, is that I dont need a thrower.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a EDC1 DFT on the bay for 175, looked brand new. I guess the problem for me, is that I dont need a thrower.
Not really a 'problem' - just money you don't need to spend! I don't need a 'thrower' like that either. Unfortunately(?), I've already spent the money on other lights - but they're things I can use more!

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Not really a 'problem' - just money you don't need to spend! I don't need a 'thrower' like that either. Unfortunately(?), I've already spent the money on other lights - but they're things I can use more!
Last thing I almost impulse bought was a Olight lantern that has a bluetooth speaker in it so you can listen to music and have a lantern for camping. Then I thought, sure it would be great but I dont go camping that often.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Pretty sure I read on here of someone complaining about the fact it comes on on high first. That's what it says in the listing. 😁

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
If you saw one on eBay marked down instead of marked up to over $300, at this point in time; pretty much guaranteed it's either fake or defective.
Not saying a fake cannot happen, but this is so new it would make me think more defective. However, if it turns out to be a winner, someone is gonna be lucky.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not saying a fake cannot happen, but this is so new it would make me think more defective. However, if it turns out to be a winner, someone is gonna be lucky.
"...you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?":)

I don't think luck was factored into that age-old adage I quoted above, but it's true that luck does exist.
What I have to ask myself is: If I were one who bought / received one and was unhappy with it, but it was in perfect nick, would I list it at that price here on 09/23/23 given current market for it?

Only if I cared nothing about money. That's a tough sell.

Latest posts