SUREFIRE EDCL-2T

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've wanted the two cell version for years, but I've been waiting for Surefire to upgrade the tint and lumens. I've almost pulled the trigger a few times, but I figure as soon as I buy one a new version will come out. And my E2e's still work fine..

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've wanted the two cell version for years, but I've been waiting for Surefire to upgrade the tint and lumens. I've almost pulled the trigger a few times, but I figure as soon as I buy one a new version will come out. And my E2e's still work fine..
I have EDCL2-T for over a year and few months ago it stoped going to high. I have low and some kind of medium.
Being disapointed i opened the head and i'll replace electronics with some other driver. Emitter will be replaced too.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
@id30209
Are you sure the problem is related to the electronic, not the tailcap?

Btw, can you take a few pictures of the electronic and how it is looking inside of the head? Would be interesting.
Yes it's the driver. Checked with EDCL1-T tail, several batteries legoed with other parts…still the same.
I'm very far from home now but if you remind me after September 1st i'll post some pics here

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I purchased a EDCL2T back when they came out like 3-4 years ago. I like the gas pedal switch but it had a very yellowish tint. I saw that they upgraded the tailcap. Has anyone gotten a new one and is the tint the same or is more white? Thanks

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I had one each of the EDCLT 1 and 2, the 2 kept coming on in my pocket even after I cleaned off the silicone grease from the threads of the tail cap. They were bright but I am a clicky tailcap fan and these have the gas peddle switches. To each their own I guess.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm waiting for the edcl dft 's to come out before I buy another. DFT is dual fuel Turbo, so it should have an osram and triple the throw per same output

The edcl 1 and 2 are good, I like using the Thyrm finger hold attachment, helps me get it out of the pocket quicker and protects it from turning on in the pocket.

tango44

Enlightened
I had one each of the EDCLT 1 and 2, the 2 kept coming on in my pocket even after I cleaned off the silicone grease from the threads of the tail cap. They were bright but I am a clicky tailcap fan and these have the gas peddle switches. To each their own I guess.
I hate those " gas pedal switches" specially the ones that the EDCL model came with, very hard to push and two failed on me, I want to get clicky tailcaps but it's almost impossible!