SureFire G2D-FYL

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going to get one for my brother for Christmas!! He is a volunteer FF.

lxhunter

Newly Enlightened
On September 10, 2009 Surefire sent me this email:

"The "Firefighter series" lights are expected to be made available toward the end of September. "

I have been waiting to purchase one to send to my nephew in Afghanistan for Christmas.

I am now close to the mailing deadline.

I will never deal with Surefire again.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
You do realise that they quoted that they were expected to be available then, not that they will definitely be available...

Schuey2002

Enlightened
On September 10, 2009 Surefire sent me this email:

"The "Firefighter series" lights are expected to be made available toward the end of September. "

I have been waiting to purchase one to send to my nephew in Afghanistan for Christmas.

I am now close to the mailing deadline.

I will never deal with Surefire again.
Why deprive him of a quality flashlight??

Instead of this light, pick up a SureFire 6P or G2 and a Malkoff M60L or M60LL for your nephew...

lxhunter

Newly Enlightened
Why deprive him of a quality flashlight??

Instead of this light, pick up a SureFire 6P or G2 and a Malkoff M60L or M60LL for your nephew...

Those are good alternatives - and I should have just done that rather than believing what I was told and naively waiting.

I called the local sporting goods store and they have a Buck Strider in stock. Going to pick it up tomorrow.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Surefire lights are priceless.

Surefire release dates are worthless.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I just got an email from SF - our G2D-FYL, G2LF-FYL KIT02 and G3D-FYL are all supposed to ship this Wednesday. :)

Matt, please post again on wednesday; and let us know if they actually arrived.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well they're supposed to SHIP on Weds so we couldn't get them until the Weds following but the Monday following I'll have tracking....

Vinniec5

Enlightened
Save a G3D-FYL for me Matt if you get any. Surefire tells me both models are backordered 2 weeks, after I sent an email to them asking if they are in stock

Vinniec5

Enlightened
MattK 2 questions and not trying to be a PITA.
Any tracking info/date of arrival from surefire?
and Any possibility of seeing the light by Wed the 25th before I haf to go on my Prison tour(I mean see the relatives)?:sssh: D

Vinniec5

Enlightened
Matt just got a notice from you guys. Does it mean Mine isn't in the order coming next week? or is just a computer generated notice because the order hasn't been filled & shipped yet?

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just started a thread in Marketplace > Dealers for this discussion, we're not supposed to discuss this stuff here...all of the answer are there now. :)

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
First the bad news, I do not have a digital camera.

The good news is that I have a G3D-FYL.
It has a KX3 head on a real yellow G3 body and a black foward clicky tail-cap.
Low mode comes on first, then click off-on for med, off-on for high.
Low is lower than a G2L, but not by much. I find med is identical to my G2L. High is a good bit higher. Same bluish tint as a P60L. Too bad.

The reflector is plastic. I tried the diffusers and did not care for them. I find that the reflector alone gives a nice balance of throw and flood.

AW 17500's fit and work great. :twothumbs

I have not checked run time yet, but the head gets warm on high in about 10 min.

The G3D-FYL also comes with very long, yellow lanyard and reflective stickers.
No tool is required to remove the bezel. Just unscrew it.

I like the G3 form, 3 levels and clicky tail-cap. I could do without the bluish tint. At least this SF looks easy to mod. I may have to get a high CRI emitter for it.

First thanks for the quick mini-review/info. I must say, I'm disppointed they are still using the cool emitters like the P60L. :mad:

When you say they bezel easily unscrews, does it give you easy access to the emitter (unlike most of their LED bezels that require heat to get them open to gain access to the emitter)? I'm assuming it's using a Seoul, not a Cree?

While the blueish emitter is disappointing, if its easily moddable, this actually make me more interesting in it! :D

-Robert