Surefire K2 KROMA & KROMA Milspec

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you. I still love the Kroma despite it's outdated LED. I will be on the look out for a milspec.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I finally broke down and got the Kroma milspec.

All this talk about it and DayofReckoning pointing out that Surefire website have it on sale for $179 made it a little easier to pull the trigger. I'm most likely to sell my civilian model to the bay to recoup some of the cost.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Kroma MILSPEC is a great light, I use my 50 Lumens Version since years. This light is my travel companion when I am back from home in a not well known Environment.

Here a nice comparsion between the 50 Lumens and the 130/145 Lumens Version:
https://www.messerforum.net/showthr...ire-Kroma-MILSPEC-quot-die-helle-Version-quot

The newer Version has the bettwer beam profile and tint, but the 50 Lumens Version is not bad at all.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
I don't know what kind of LED they upgraded the Kroma with but the efficiency on this new Kroma is quite outstanding. I was curious to see how it would run on a single IMR 16340 (with dummy cell).

Not only does it output the full 130 lumens, but after 1 hour of constant on, the light was still going strong. I stopped the test there. Not sure how much longer it would have ran, but I'm impressed.

I also noticed that there is not nearly as much heat with the new model. My old Kroma used to get really hot when constant on, not this one.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
I also noticed in that review in the link that their Kroma manual says 145 lumens, while mine says 130. Stranger yet, the serial number on theirs is 72xxx while mine is 85xxx. Goes to show that Surefire's lumens rating really don't mean anything.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up one from surefire for 179.
My serial number is B86xxx. Funny as surefire advertised itas the 50 lumen model but in the manual says 130. Its definatly brighter then the old 50 lumen rated models. Good beam as well. The kroma is so versatile even by today's standards. Too bad they dont continue to make new updated versions.
I also noticed in that review in the link that their Kroma manual says 145 lumens, while mine says 130. Stranger yet, the serial number on theirs is 72xxx while mine is 85xxx. Goes to show that Surefire's lumens rating really don't mean anything.