Surefire LX2 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Continued from Part 1

Well its here! As far as output goes its a little hard to tell if its brighter than the E2DL since its daytime. Looks roughly the same, which is fine by me since the E2DL rated around 200 lumens anyway. The tint is spectacular as well as the beam profile. Couldn't take beamshots since my camera (Samsung Glyde cell) wouldn't do them well. Here are some pics in order from its arrival, I don't know how I had the patience to take the pics before completely opening it up and playing with but I somehow I managed...

I like the black box it came with. The outer box has a flap on the back containing specs in a bunch of other languages. Enjoy!

By kdog2009

By kdog2009

By kdog2009

By kdog2009

By kdog2009

By kdog2009

Last edited by a moderator:

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: Surefire LX2

Part 1 expanded rapidly to almost 500 posts, so it is continued here. Post #1 above is a copy of the post with the first photos received of the LX2.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Has anyone tried out their LX2 with their hands covered in sweat?

I'd like to know how much of a difference there is with the lack of aggressive knurling.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone tried out their LX2 with their hands covered in sweat?

I'd like to know how much of a difference there is with the lack of aggressive knurling.

I haven't used it with wet or sweaty hands, but I was just thinking the other day that the ridges, grooves, cut-outs etc. provide an outstanding grip. I would have complete confidence using it in a wet environment.

One more thing... the LX2 is one of the best looking lights that I have ever seen; I love the look of the new body style!

I am also very happy with the output, the levels and the UI. The 2-stage tailcap is wonderful to use.

BRO

Newly Enlightened
I did not need another flashlight but I did plan on purchasing an E2DL at some point in the future. Then I started reading this thread and I went through this whole "do I need it or do I just want it" mind game. I decided to sleep on it last night and this morning I decided "it is not about the need, it is about the want". So I ordered one.

I hope it is as nice as the descriptions I am reading, this will be my first Surefire LED. I have a couple of older Surefire flashlights but I don't use them at all. I mostly use my Tk11 (r2) or my RA 170 (EDC), so I am really looking forward to this new Surefire LED. I'm betting that I will like it. Regards// BRO

Last edited:

Hef

Newly Enlightened
Ok.....I have to have the LX2. Can you guys help me out with finding the best price. Much appreciated.

BRO

Newly Enlightened
Ok.....I have to have the LX2. Can you guys help me out with finding the best price. Much appreciated.

I did not do a lot of shopping around but I bought mine from Spyder Tactical Supply. Really do not know if it is the cheapest place to buy from but I find it hard to believe that your going to beat the free shipping for an LX2. Regards/ BRO

Last edited:

gsxrac

Enlightened
I think im gonna have to grab one of these $156 is hard to pass up :sssh: Especially for a light that outdoes an E2Dl. Here goes my M2XC4 money lol

rejeme

Newly Enlightened
I think the people at Spyder's were off Friday due to the holiday. I tried calling them around noon to check stock as their website does not specify "in stock" or not. I think they're going to have a backorder come Monday.

Scotty007

Newly Enlightened
I think the people at Spyder's were off Friday due to the holiday. I tried calling them around noon to check stock as their website does not specify "in stock" or not. I think they're going to have a backorder come Monday.

Damn it....you might be right....DAMN IT!:thumbsdow:mecry::mecry::mad:....those smilies express my feelings in order after reading your post!

johndoeslo

Newly Enlightened
**Post removed due to moderator comment and not wanting to put dealers in jeopardy**

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Members are reminded that Surefire have forbidden their dealers from offering discounts. It is unwise to discuss them in open forum, as this could have adverse consequences for the dealer.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
:popcorn:beamshots, even crappy ones :) want an lx1 so interested...... lx2 looks sweeeeeet :)

gsxrac

Enlightened
LOL. I was in exactly the same boat. I've been eyeing the M2XC4 for months now. Guess it'll have to wait a few more months. :)

Hey the way I see it there are still a couple kinks they may be able to work out while I build my cash supply back up ;) And DM51 has a good point :sssh:

DLaird8201

Newly Enlightened
I just bought one. Thanks for posting all the great info about this light. Wanted to wait for the A2L, because of the flood and throw factor :naughty:, but I just couldn't help my self. Thanks again every one. :bow:

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does Spyder usually list their products as in stock or not?

They also list the Saint for sale so try to stet the order process or that light and see way it says. I believe the saint even aailable for sale yet at all but it seems to be completely orderable from spider without any major mention of availability that I was able to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.