**Team CandlePowerForums** for SETI@home !

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Announcing **Team CandlePowerForums** for SETI@home !

I'm just running it when I can. I don't leave any work comps on over the weekend (I'm the boss there). For the first week or so I didn't check my power settings so it would shut down after a couple hours. Happy to contribute at any level

millguy

Newly Enlightened

Looks like it's crankin' em out whill44!

Last edited:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm part of the crunching team now too!

millguy

Newly Enlightened

Awesome! Two more crunchers. sgt253 and Nitroz.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just joined the team hahaha
Huzzah ;)
I'm not usually connected to Internet with my computer as it's mainly used for recording music but I'll try n jump on here n there.

Kestrel

Flashaholic

Always happy to see new members. :wave:

Some interesting stats can be seen at the below link: (with cool graphs too)
http://www.allprojectstats.com/showteam.php?projekt=15&id=159664
  • 73rd percentile for total credits (team) - and still climbing rapidly
  • 99th percentile for productivity (recent average credit) - position 615 out of 63,500+ registered teams :thumbsup:
The 'silver' (or even 'gold') team badges should be pending by now. :D

----------

[...] I'm not usually connected to Internet with my computer as it's mainly used for recording music but I'll try n jump on here n there.
The software is configurable to cache 10+ days of workunits if desired, so a computer with only limited connectivity can still be a substantial contributor. ;)

Last edited:

sgt253

Enlightened

Having a little issue with computer. Will be up an running shortly. Good work guys!

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

My old little laptop sure does heat up - needs a cryos cooling bezel - when running boinc ;)

I should probably nerf it to 80% cpu if I leave it going overnight. It's a 2010 MBP with a core duo so it's hella slow.

Kestrel

Flashaholic

615 out 63,500+, I say we skip that old silver and go straight to the gold. :crackup:
Merely two days later, I see that we're now #514 out of 63,500+ teams for output - pretty good if you ask me. :D

My old little laptop sure does heat up - needs a cryos cooling bezel - when running boinc ;)
I should probably nerf it to 80% cpu if I leave it going overnight. It's a 2010 MBP with a core duo so it's hella slow.
I have to keep my 'fast' laptop (probably about the speed of your 'hella slow one' lol) propped up to improve its airflow, but the serious heat comes from my 8-core android.
It has to throttle down frequently to keep the processors down @ 85C, so when I'm home I have it sitting on the lid of my chest freezer for maximum output. ;)

-----------

Other misc developments; Nitroz has really picked up the pace, and millguy could actually form his own team and beat all of the rest of us on output - glad he's on our side, lol. :eek:

Last edited:

millguy

Newly Enlightened

Merely two days later, I see that we're now #514 out of 63,500+ teams for output - pretty good if you ask me. :D

I have to keep my 'fast' laptop (probably about the speed of your 'hella slow one' lol) propped up to improve its airflow, but the serious heat comes from my 8-core android.
It has to throttle down frequently to keep the processors down @ 85C, so when I'm home I have it sitting on the lid of my chest freezer for maximum output. ;)

-----------

Other misc developments; Nitroz has really picked up the pace, and millguy could actually form his own team and beat all of the rest of us on output - glad he's on our side, lol. :eek:

I'm running it on my phone now after you posted about being able to do that. Only running two cores to keep it cool. When did we get the silver badge? Cool!!!

Kestrel

Flashaholic

I'm running it on my phone now after you posted about being able to do that. Only running two cores to keep it cool. When did we get the silver badge? Cool!!!
Good point on the silver team badge - it certainly wasn't there when I posted ~45 minutes ago.
I'm thinking there's a lag though, as we're most definitely within the 99th percentile now (i.e. gold).

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Even leaving my laptop going at 90% CPU for 24hrs it's not doing much haha :) but it's fun to participate!
I'll keep it up on off days for sure.
Go team!

whill44

Enlightened

Well, Nitroz must be burning High Test because he's definitely hauling the load. He might be sampling some of millguys NASA fuel!!

millguy

Newly Enlightened

Anyone else having issues with Boinc updating and downloading new tasks today?