Tekna Flashlights

aldagoods

Newly Enlightened
Was finally able to figure out to upload pics. Posted one beam shot next to my 120P which I think is on about a 10 lumen setting. The Tekna's lens is far from scratch free. Bring on that quark neutral/warm tint guy. Sorry the light is a bit beaten up, got it in like 5th grade...around 30 years ago.

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll confess to being a Tekna/Tektite junkie. I have or have had pretty much every light ever made by both companies and I'm always looking for more (see my sigline). Tektite is the light I'll grab when the Apocalypse comes.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the 80s I EDCed Teknas (AA X 2) at sea. A great light for it's time. I also had a Micro-Lite. I also had a tiny fob light with a red LED. IIRC it ran on 3 x LR44 and unfortionatly had a leak that would drain the cells overnight.

I still stock four TekTite dive twisties for the night when nothing else will work. Hi Scott!!

knlgskr

Newly Enlightened
Re: Tekna-Lite 2 Flashlights

I am looking for a lens for this flashlight; it has served us long and well. The P/N is 12536-01.

menowantsmellyfish

Newly Enlightened
I was a huge Tekna fan back in the day. I actually had sold them in my retail shop. I currently still have the 4 AA all black in use! I keep it as a emergency light , and in case there is a downpour nothing is more waterproof. As far as durability it's been through everything, including years of having it in my cars. This thing is almost indestructible. One of my all time favorites and still is. I had an issue with the contacts in the battery holder, which I have fixed with aluminum foil and once the batteries are in it's fine. I remember how impressed my customers were with how bright it was. I also have (working still) a AA which has turned a shabby green from being exposed to air. The inside which was protected still is a bright blue. Also, a 4 D which I really don't like. When I ordered it for myself I thought it would be much brighter than the 4 AA but it's really not. In addition I assumed it was made in USA like the rest of the Tekna line, but no it's made in Taiwan which was also disappointing. I had tried unsuccessfully selling it on Ebay as the things is just so bulky.

20190309_113848_zpsfc1t48vi.jpg
20190309_113749_zpsupjux9xu.jpg

20190309_114209_zpsziduzhqo.jpg

Last edited: