>>>TerraLUX MiniStar5 SSC P4 U bin LED upgrade for 3-6 C/D cell Maglites TLE-6EX!<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullpup

Newly Enlightened
Re: >>>TerraLUX MiniStar5 SSC P4 U bin LED upgrade for 3-6 C/D cell Maglites TLE-6EX!<<<

I just got a delivery confirmation on email. Hopefully this is an easy drop on to do. Does anyone know how long it should take?

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: >>>TerraLUX MiniStar5 SSC P4 U bin LED upgrade for 3-6 C/D cell Maglites TLE-6EX!<<<

Super easy. Installation should take about 1 minute. :)

tekka0417

Newly Enlightened
Re: >>>TerraLUX MiniStar5 SSC P4 U bin LED upgrade for 3-6 C/D cell Maglites TLE-6EX!

Got mine in the mail today! :rock:

Installed it on a 3D and all i have to say is damn! I'll let the beamshot speak for itself... now... all I have to do is scrounge up 4 C's...

L1DCE 14500 (left) vs TLE-6EX SSC P4 on 3D (right)
~1 meter
1/30 Sec. F/5.6
dsc03728wr9.jpg

arty

Enlightened
Re: >>>TerraLUX MiniStar5 SSC P4 U bin LED upgrade for 3-6 C/D cell Maglites TLE-6EX!

With the MiniStar5 on the right - it looks like it is all throw and no spill, with a very tight spot.
Is this right?

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast

its got plenty of spill :) but it seems non existing in that shot l1dce looks good though ...i need more money for lights :(

tekka0417

Newly Enlightened

The TLE-6EX has a wide but dim spill area. The L1D's is much brighter, so you dont really notice it in the shot. The 3D is focusable though so you can focus or flood to your liking. The 3D in that shot was at narrowest focus.

LiteBrite

Newly Enlightened

tekka0417 said:
The TLE-6EX has a wide but dim spill area. The L1D's is much brighter, so you dont really notice it in the shot. The 3D is focusable though so you can focus or flood to your liking. The 3D in that shot was at narrowest focus.
Can you take a picture with the flood? Also, how much brighter is it then the Mag LED 3D? Are there any rings?

needforspeed

Newly Enlightened

Any update on that Ministar-10.

Anyone get one yet, and if so how is it?

Bill
Massachusetts

tekka0417

Newly Enlightened

LiteBrite said:
Can you take a picture with the flood? Also, how much brighter is it then the Mag LED 3D? Are there any rings?

How much of a flood? Similar hotspot to the L1Dce? If you go much wider than that there are rings.

I dont know about comparison to the MagLED, as this is my first upgrade for the incan mag.

Found 4 C Nimh's in a boombox... not too sure on the charge levels, but i put them in the charger for 20 mins and all avg 1.3V no load... couldnt wait to charge them fully, so i just stuck them in...

L1DCE 14500 (left) vs TLE-6EX SSC P4 on 4C NIMH (right)
~1 meter
1/30 sec. F/5.6
dsc03730xb0.jpg

Cydonia

Enlightened

LiteBright said:

Good question, it would be good to see a side by side between the brightest MagLED and the new TerraLUX MiniStar5 SSC P4 U bin LED upgrade. To get a handle on what kind of difference there is!

tekka0417

Newly Enlightened

TLE-6EX on 4C NIMH, Various Levels of Focus
~1 meter
1/30 sec. F/5.6

Narrowest Focus
dsc03737ks8.jpg

Mid Focus
dsc03738av1.jpg

Wide Focus
dsc03739oz7.jpg

bullpup

Newly Enlightened

Installed it tonight. I still can not belive how bright LEDs are. Can't wait to walk around outside latter.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast

Someone do a comparison shot between the MagLED and a 4 cell Mag with one of these installed.

Cydonia

Enlightened

MagLED 3D (brightest of the MagLED user replace modules) is said to put out between 35 and 40 lumens. TerraLux P4 is said to put out 150 in 4 cell light. So... lets assume these numbers are right. That means... the TerraLux is about 4 times the output in lumens? Just a crude theoretical guesstimate but that's what I'm thinking... (and believing!)

:rock:

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cydonia - I think that's over optimistic since the 35-40 lumens is an out the front estimate and the 150 is an at the emitter estimate. In a 4 cell light I'd expect the TerraLUX to be 2X + as bright - and of course not overheating and dropping to 50% output in 10 minutes is a major bonus too. :)

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast

MattK, are the latter 2-cell ones coming in a few weeks going to work fine with C-cells? I'm sure they will, just checking.

lexina

Enlightened

bullpup said:
I just got a delivery confirmation on email. Hopefully this is an easy drop on to do. Does anyone know how long it should take?

i think it's no different from changing a bulb; that's the beauty of it :)

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice solar eclipse. :laughing:

With all those extra lumens, you can afford to invest in one of fivemega's textured reflectors for a smooth beam. :)

dsc03739oz7.jpg

lexina

Enlightened

EngrPaul said:
Nice solar eclipse. :laughing:

With all those extra lumens, you can afford to invest in one of fivemega's textured reflectors for a smooth beam. :)

i can't wait to test mine out in my smooth, MOP, LS, MS and HS reflectors! for hotwire incans, my favourite is the MS from litho

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here's what full flood looks like with fivemega's HS reflector.

(That orange glow to the right is a stock mag on flood and fresh alkalines :laughing: )

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.