>>>TerraLUX MiniStar5 SSC P4 U bin LED upgrade for 3-6 C/D cell Maglites TLE-6EX!<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: >>>TerraLUX MiniStar5 SSC P4 U bin LED upgrade for 3-6 C/D cell Maglites TLE-6EX!<<<

UPDATE: Our order for the TerraLUX 6EXB's for 2-3 cell C/D Mag's will begin shipping today. Initial quantities are limited but the first batch will arrive Weds and the remeinder of our order the following Monday. An order link will be posted shortly.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: >>>TerraLUX MiniStar5 SSC P4 U bin LED upgrade for 3-6 C/D cell Maglites TLE-6EX!<<<

The pre-order link for the TerraLUX TLE-6EXB Boost version for 2-3 C/D cell Mag's is UP!!

$24.95 before coupon. Units will begin shipping Weds/Thursday. We're only getting like 1/5 of our total order then but the remainder land the following Monday do order soon or you're waiting another 4-5 days. :)

Please don't ask me about actual output, runtimes etc - I didn't get a prototype this time and so I haven't seen 'em yet either.

I KNOW they can handle 3-4.5V, I do not how how well they work on 2.4V. I've been told this unit on 3 cells is as bright as the other on 4 cells.

PRE-ORDER LINK

theshorelinemarket_1950_51566982

Yes - that's a photoshop.

SuperTorch

Enlightened

Price seems great, but I want 700mA+ on 2 cell or I'll keep dreaming of such. A boosted 2D is what I've been waiting on, heres hoping its at 700+. I already have a 2C at 900mA to 1000mA but its not a MAG. Can't wait to here comments. If it is special it'll for sure need it's own thread.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

I cannot remember the exact drive current but it's not so far off - something like 600+ IIRC. The problem is heat - without a much more complex and expensive solution the thermal path of a stock mag simply cannot handle the heat of high drive currents.

Frankly I doubt TerraLUX will pursue this; the market is too small for them. Gene Malkoff is making a 1A 'drop-in' with a more complex heatsinkining solution but I believe it costs like $70+.

UPDATE - the unit will function as low as 1.5V but expect more like 100-120L at the emitter at that voltage.

SuperTorch

Enlightened

So I guess the 150 lumens+ tells us that they are runing at 700mA since the Seoul P4 are 80 lumens at 1 Watt(350mA x 3.0v) boosted a little here to cover voltage sag. If they are claiming 150 lumens then I'd say thats a 2 Watt target. To me this drop-in boils down to, if it's 700mA+ it's a definate buy but at 500mA+ I'll wait on comments. My gut tells me they are targeting 700 so it'll probably start out at 850 and fal to 550 when the batteries are drained of power. Thats pretty sweet and also all guess work on my part unless the 150 lumens is on the 3 cell(4.5v) version then the 2cell (3.0v) would be 120 lumens target if its at 500mA. I have a 2C Cell light that pushing 1000mA so I need at least 700+ median to feel justified. Can't wait for more info. Even if it's only at 500mA I love the fact it can be ran off of 2D cells.

Last edited:

s23246g

Newly Enlightened
Re: >>>TerraLUX MiniStar5 SSC P4 U bin LED upgrade for 3-6 C/D cell Maglites TLE-6EX!

Can anyone tell me if the TerraLUX ministar 5 will work properly in a RECHARGEABLE Mag light? If not, could you suggest another LED upgrade that will?

Thanks in advance for the help

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: >>>TerraLUX MiniStar5 SSC P4 U bin LED upgrade for 3-6 C/D cell Maglites TLE-6EX!

The Ministar 5 fits only the MiniMag. The MagChargers have a totally different 'socket' so you cannot use the TLE-5EX for them but TerraLUX makes a TLE-100EX/Ministar 10 for the MagChargers - quite a bit brighter than a TLE-5EX as well. :)

LINK: http://www.batteryjunction.com/tetl3waluwhl.html

s23246g

Newly Enlightened

The Ministar 5 fits only the MiniMag. The MagChargers have a totally different 'socket' so you cannot use the TLE-5EX for them but TerraLUX makes a TLE-100EX/Ministar 10 for the MagChargers - quite a bit brighter than a TLE-5EX as well. :)

LINK: http://www.batteryjunction.com/tetl3waluwhl.html

Thank you very much! I knew you guys would know more than me.

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened

let the exumation begin!

oops, i dropped my shovel. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.