Test/Review of Keeppower 26650 5200mAh (Black) 2014

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a couple unprotected Vappower 5200ma IMR 26650 cells from Mountain Electronics. Does anyone know if these are the cells inside the Keeppower IMR 5200ma 26650? I have looked on CPF and BudgetLightForum and can't find any reviews on the Vappower 5200ma IMR 26650 cells so I was curious. They are very nice looking and seem to perform well so far. I have no way of testing them myself.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a couple unprotected Vappower 5200ma IMR 26650 cells from Mountain Electronics. Does anyone know if these are the cells inside the Keeppower IMR 5200ma 26650? I have looked on CPF and BudgetLightForum and can't find any reviews on the Vappower 5200ma IMR 26650 cells so I was curious. They are very nice looking and seem to perform well so far. I have no way of testing them myself.

Does anyone know the answer to my question?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
This battery must be popular, it seems to be out of stock at the reliable USA vendors.
yeah, I've noticed that too. I got one from Illumn.com and it's working well
Does anyone know the answer to my question?

I'm not sure if the Vappower is the same as the Keeppower so far as what cell is used, but have you contacted Rich at MTN to ask? I'd be willing to bet they are the same, though

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, I figured someone here had probably removed the Keeppower wrapper to see what was inside.

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
Where do you guys get these here in the USA? I can't find them anywhere...

Hux

Newly Enlightened
What charger is best for these, i have a nitecore i2 but i'd doubt it'll handle them.

HKJ

Flashaholic
What charger is best for these, i have a nitecore i2 but i'd doubt it'll handle them.

It can charge them, if you can get them into the charger (There is a length problem).

Look for a 1A or 2A charger that can handle 71+ mm long batteries (If the charger has a photo with a Soshine 26650 cell in it in my reviews, it can easily handle these).
My first suggestion would be a Xtar WP2h, VP1 or VP2, but some of the other brands can also be used.

Last edited:

Hux

Newly Enlightened
It can charge them, if you can get them into the charger (There is a length problem).

Look for a 1A or 2A charger that can handle 71+ mm long batteries (If the charger has a have photo with a Soshine 26650 cell in it in my reviews, it can easily handle these).
My first suggestion would be a Xtar WP2h, VP1 or VP2, but some of the other brands can also be used.

Just noticed it's the ICR26650's i ordered, so i will have problems, gone and ordered an Xtar Vp1.

Only trouble is the keeppower is too long for one of my new torches, so i'll have to order the imr anyway sigh.......

Doko

Newly Enlightened
I have the 69.5mm version of these and they fit perfectly in my Nitecore SC4...;)

Latest posts