The 2009 SHOT Show Thread

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
great spot. very good centralized location. easy to get to and from shot show and the area. just be forewarned about I-4. have patience and give yourself extra time....

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I don't think this thread will get really active until a month or so before the show. Where to get a ticket, and stay, etc.

Larry

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have every intention of bringing the whole family down to Orlando, and for my attending the show in January. Thanks for putting me in the right mindset to get things rolling. I have no idea about where we will be staying, but I'm sure we will be flying down and renting a car. I'm not sure who is getting us passes this time around, but I'll need 1, maybe 2, when they become available. :)

What is the "What are you bringing" part about? Do you mean lights?

I look forward to meeting you Seery, and everyone else who will be attending. ;)

KingSmono

Enlightened
I am totally stoked about SHOT Show being in Orlando again this year. If anybody has ANY information on how I can obtain 2 passes (for my Father and I) please let me know!!

KingSmono

Enlightened
Sweet. hopefully you can find some passes. i look forward to meeting you at the GG at least.

Definitely! :) Last time SS was in Orlando, my Dad and I were able to go, but we couldn't find the Surefire Get-together, so we weren't able to attend that... it was totally my bad, because I had followed the thread closely enough, and the meeting-room was changed at some point, and we were trying to find it in the original location. Doh! But I'm NOT missing it again! :D

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I have a question... what does everybody usually do to get in? I saw a photo of someone at the 2008 show with a badge that said "CandlepowerForums".

The CPF badge likely was given to the person in the picture at the SureFire party. In 2008, PK & crew pre-made the badges based on an invitation list (which was more of an "intending to attend" list, since we self-identified).

You pre-register online ahead of time, and they never seem to ask you for the Industry-related business card. It costs you $20 or so, but you get in.

I actually own a business, and it does distribute (at retail) items associated with the Industry, so I'm golden. I also made up a small batch of business cards specifically for this event, since my previous ones were outdated. Instead of the generic card containing only business name and contact info, I added a tagline referring to the industry affiliation. So, naturally, since I went to this trouble, nobody except other CPF members asked me for a business card. :sigh:

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
:bump:

Jayke, any response for getting a block of rooms yet? I would be in for one if there is a group of guys staying there. :)

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who is going to SHOT 2009???

I don't see another thread on this, so I'm starting one here. Please move it, if there already is one somewhere.

So, who is going to Orlando this January? Anyone? http://www.shotshow.org/

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I knew I remembered a thread, but it was off the page I guess.

Any word on the block of rooms jayke?

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the "What are you bringing" part about? Do you mean lights?
Lights, hardware, etc. The usual stuff! :naughty:

I look forward to meeting you Seery, and everyone else who will be attending. ;)
Same here Dizzy. Hope it's a good turn out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any updates on the rooms Jayke?

PSM - How about the after party party details?

Size15's - Any info on the CPF party?

4 months and counting. :D

RadarGreg

Enlightened
I'm going and will be staying at DisneyWorld. Resort location undecided at this time. I hope to see everyone there again. This past one is Vegas was a blast!

aklikeslites

Newly Enlightened
I plan on attending and bringing my dad.
I've been looking forward to this since last year when I heard it would be in Florida.
Im about 2 hrs away and will more than likely just come on the day of the CPF party and drive back that night. :twothumbs